Re: [SCA-JML] help - a garb question

    Message 1 of 49 , Dec 12, 2007

      > Kendo or Aikido pants will pass the 20' rule when work with a
      > 'kimono' top (called a Kisode).

      Nope. Kendo hakama have koshi ita.

      Incidentally, folks tend to neglect hats. You really should look into
      hats at some point.

      As for footwear. Most folks in the SCA get that quite wrong. You
      really need different sorts
      of footwear for different environments. Waraji are spiffy, but they
      are only to be worn out
      doors. The same thing pretty much goes for geta. About the only
      places that you might
      possibly wear geta indoors are in the bath, the privy, the doma, and
      of course the genkan
      if you have one..

      Message 49 of 49 , Dec 17, 2007
        --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, Rich Goble <mcse4mci@...> wrote:

        > Tachi swords were worn blade down, katana and wakazashi blade up.
        >
        > I just found a website today that elaborates on men's/women's
        sleeve length (it looks modern but at least it will give you an idea)
        - http://www.hanamiweb.com/kimono.html.

        It IS modern, especially all the stuff in section 3.1 about sleeves.
        It's a nice, basic overview if you're interested in the evolution of
        modern women's kimono, otherwise, it may just confuse you.

        Saionji no Hanae,