Re: help - a garb question

    Message 1 of 49 , Dec 12, 2007
      --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, "Rie Miller" <LunaShadoes@...> wrote:

      > Okay, I'm a little cunfused on the sleeve thing, and nothing I have
      found so
      > far explains it.
      > He's the 15 year old son of a merchant with military ambitions (who
      owns two
      > dogs that walk themselves LOL)
      > What length would you suggest for his sleeves?

      Sleeve construction for men's kosode is explained at
      http://www.wodefordhall.com/kosode.htm (Look for text highlighted in
      blue).

      Feel free to drop me a note if anything is unclear - I wrote it.

      Saionji no Hanae,
      Message 49 of 49 , Dec 17, 2007
        --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, Rich Goble <mcse4mci@...> wrote:

        > Tachi swords were worn blade down, katana and wakazashi blade up.
        >
        > I just found a website today that elaborates on men's/women's
        sleeve length (it looks modern but at least it will give you an idea)
        - http://www.hanamiweb.com/kimono.html.

        It IS modern, especially all the stuff in section 3.1 about sleeves.
        It's a nice, basic overview if you're interested in the evolution of
        modern women's kimono, otherwise, it may just confuse you.

        Saionji no Hanae,