help - a garb question

  • Rie
    Message 1 of 49 , Dec 12, 2007
      Greetings,
      I am Fatimah and I am at a loss. My 15 year old son has chosen to go
      with a Japanese persona. He doesn't know exactly what time period as
      of yet, but has ask for garb for Christmas.
      Since my persona is Sri Lankan, I don't have the slightest clue where
      to begin to make something simple that would work for just about any
      time period.
      I have spent the last two hours online trying to figure this out, but
      have just gotten a headache.
      HELP!!!
      Any suggestions, comments, direction would be greatly appriciated.
      Thank you
      Fatimah (of Blackwood)
      Message 49 of 49 , Dec 17, 2007
        --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, Rich Goble <mcse4mci@...> wrote:

        > Tachi swords were worn blade down, katana and wakazashi blade up.
        >
        > I just found a website today that elaborates on men's/women's
        sleeve length (it looks modern but at least it will give you an idea)
        - http://www.hanamiweb.com/kimono.html.

        It IS modern, especially all the stuff in section 3.1 about sleeves.
        It's a nice, basic overview if you're interested in the evolution of
        modern women's kimono, otherwise, it may just confuse you.

        Saionji no Hanae,