Re: [SCA-JML] Re: Japanese Garb for the large size person!

  • Ashina no Karasu
    Message 1 of 25 , Nov 5, 2007
      The folkwear pattern is a seven panel hakama that needs slight alteration.
      the back koshi-ita needs to be removed in order to make it period. other
      than that it is a traditional hakama.

      > Noble Cousins!
      >
      > Greetings from Solveig! As I recall at least, the folkwear patter is
      > actually
      > for monpe which are distinctly different from hakama.
      >
      > Your Humble Servant
      > Solveig Throndardottir
      > Amateur Scholar

      Regards,

      Brendan Barth
      360-621-0011

    • Jennifer Kobayashi
      Message 2 of 25 , Nov 5, 2007
        --- Ashina no Karasu <Ashina.no.karasu@...>
        wrote:

        > The folkwear pattern is a seven panel hakama that
        > needs slight alteration.
        > the back koshi-ita needs to be removed in order to
        > make it period. other
        > than that it is a traditional hakama.
        >
        > On 11/5/07, Solveig Throndardottir
        > <nostrand@...> wrote:

        > > Greetings from Solveig! As I recall at least, the
        > > folkwear patter is
        > > actually for monpe which are distinctly different
        > > from hakama.

        To minimize confusion, I will point out that there are
        _several_ Folkwear patterns based on various Japanese
        and other Asian garments - one of the patterns is #112
        Japanese Field Clothing which includes monpei and
        another is #151 Japanese Hakama and Kataginu. See, you
        are both right!

        http://www.folkwear.com/asian.html

        I'm not recommending them, just pointing out that they
        are there. And that there are several.

        Ki no Izumi/Jennifer

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • DinoKruz@aol.com
        Message 3 of 25 , Nov 5, 2007
          16th century armor - 6 or 7 suits
          Feudal japan , encampment, field armoury etc

          kauzohiro
          sgb

          Message 4 of 25 , Nov 6, 2007
            Thank you for the clarity.