Re: [SCA-JML] Re: Japanese Garb for the large size person!

    Message 1 of 25 , Nov 5, 2007

      Greetings from Solveig! As I recall at least, the folkwear patter is
      actually
      for monpe which are distinctly different from hakama.

    • Ashina no Karasu
      Message 2 of 25 , Nov 5, 2007
        The folkwear pattern is a seven panel hakama that needs slight alteration.
        the back koshi-ita needs to be removed in order to make it period. other
        than that it is a traditional hakama.

        > Noble Cousins!
        >
        > Greetings from Solveig! As I recall at least, the folkwear patter is
        > actually
        > for monpe which are distinctly different from hakama.
        >
        > Your Humble Servant
        > Solveig Throndardottir
        > Amateur Scholar

        Regards,

        Brendan Barth
        360-621-0011

      • Jennifer Kobayashi
        Message 3 of 25 , Nov 5, 2007
          --- Ashina no Karasu <Ashina.no.karasu@...>
          wrote:

          > The folkwear pattern is a seven panel hakama that
          > needs slight alteration.
          > the back koshi-ita needs to be removed in order to
          > make it period. other
          > than that it is a traditional hakama.
          >
          > On 11/5/07, Solveig Throndardottir
          > <nostrand@...> wrote:

          > > Greetings from Solveig! As I recall at least, the
          > > folkwear patter is
          > > actually for monpe which are distinctly different
          > > from hakama.

          To minimize confusion, I will point out that there are
          _several_ Folkwear patterns based on various Japanese
          and other Asian garments - one of the patterns is #112
          Japanese Field Clothing which includes monpei and
          another is #151 Japanese Hakama and Kataginu. See, you
          are both right!

          http://www.folkwear.com/asian.html

          I'm not recommending them, just pointing out that they
          are there. And that there are several.

          Ki no Izumi/Jennifer

          http://mail.yahoo.com
        • DinoKruz@aol.com
          Message 4 of 25 , Nov 5, 2007
            16th century armor - 6 or 7 suits
            Feudal japan , encampment, field armoury etc

            kauzohiro
            sgb

            Message 5 of 25 , Nov 6, 2007
              Thank you for the clarity.