Re: Hello? Does this Work?

  • Britt Booth
    Message 1 of 15 , Oct 31, 2007
      "Anata wa Grue ga tabechattan desu." perhaps?

      Posted by: "Andrew T Trembley" attrembl@...
      <attrembl@...?Subject=+Re%3A%20Hello%3F%20Does%20this%20Work%3F>
      attrembl
      <http://profiles.yahoo.com/attrembl> Wed Oct 31, 2007 12:58 am (PST) On Oct
      30, 2007, at 2:13 PM, Franzi Dickson wrote:
      > We've all been eaten by a grue.
      (snip)
      He couldn't, however, translate "You have been eaten by a grue" into
      nihongo.

      andy

    • Franzi Dickson
      Message 2 of 15 , Nov 1, 2007
        Tragically, the Japanese wikipedia page on grues (yes, there is one) doesn't translate that particular phrase. Do games tend to use 'anata'?

        >"Anata wa Grue ga tabechattan desu." perhaps?
        >
        >Posted by: "Andrew T Trembley" attrembl@...
        ><attrembl@...?Subject=+Re%3A%20Hello%3F%20Does%20this%20Work%3F>
        > attrembl
        ><http://profiles.yahoo.com/attrembl> Wed Oct 31, 2007 12:58 am (PST) On Oct
        >30, 2007, at 2:13 PM, Franzi Dickson wrote:
        >> We've all been eaten by a grue.
        >(snip)
        >He couldn't, however, translate "You have been eaten by a grue" into
        >nihongo.
        >
        >andy
        >
        >--

      • JL Badgley
        Message 3 of 15 , Nov 2, 2007
          I would think it might just be 'Grue de kuwarechatta.' I would guess 'you'
          would be assumed in the game, but I could be wrong.

          -Ii