Re: [SCA-JML] Hello? Does this Work?

  • Franzi Dickson
    Message 1 of 15 , Oct 31, 2007
      -----Original Message-----

      Why, I know just the part of the city he meant. Here is a picture of a signpost in one of the underground malls showing the way back to the two JR stations the mall connects to (as opposed to the other underground malls, above ground department stores, subway stations, other train company's stations...):

      http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v21/Franzeska/Osaka/?action=view¤t=DSCN0340.jpg
    • Britt Booth
      Message 2 of 15 , Oct 31, 2007
        "Anata wa Grue ga tabechattan desu." perhaps?

        Posted by: "Andrew T Trembley" attrembl@...
        <attrembl@...?Subject=+Re%3A%20Hello%3F%20Does%20this%20Work%3F>
        attrembl
        <http://profiles.yahoo.com/attrembl> Wed Oct 31, 2007 12:58 am (PST) On Oct
        30, 2007, at 2:13 PM, Franzi Dickson wrote:
        > We've all been eaten by a grue.
        (snip)
        He couldn't, however, translate "You have been eaten by a grue" into
        nihongo.

        andy

      • Franzi Dickson
        Message 3 of 15 , Nov 1, 2007
          Tragically, the Japanese wikipedia page on grues (yes, there is one) doesn't translate that particular phrase. Do games tend to use 'anata'?

          >"Anata wa Grue ga tabechattan desu." perhaps?
          >
          >Posted by: "Andrew T Trembley" attrembl@...
          ><attrembl@...?Subject=+Re%3A%20Hello%3F%20Does%20this%20Work%3F>
          > attrembl
          ><http://profiles.yahoo.com/attrembl> Wed Oct 31, 2007 12:58 am (PST) On Oct
          >30, 2007, at 2:13 PM, Franzi Dickson wrote:
          >> We've all been eaten by a grue.
          >(snip)
          >He couldn't, however, translate "You have been eaten by a grue" into
          >nihongo.
          >
          >andy
          >
          >--

        • JL Badgley
          Message 4 of 15 , Nov 2, 2007
            I would think it might just be 'Grue de kuwarechatta.' I would guess 'you'
            would be assumed in the game, but I could be wrong.

            -Ii