O-sode question: trying them onto the armour

  • Jason Adams
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 17, 2007
      Hey everyone,

      I have a diagram on making the agemaki bow and affixing the cords in
      the back, but my question is about the tasseled cords that come off of
      the O-sode: Do they wrap around your arm or anything? What keeps them
      taunt to your arm (if at all)?

      Thanks again!

      I have 5 rows of true kozane finished and awaiting lacwuer. UGH!! I
      will take some pics and get them uploaded in the next couple of days
      to show the un-lacquered rows.

      LOL everyone at the house here says its Cracker Armour. All those
      scales with the holes punched are on natural un-dyed leather, which
      makes them look like big saltines :)

      -Jason
    • Michael Peters
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 17, 2007
        They aren't taut or tied to the arm. The tasseled cords tie to the agemaki
        keeping them from coming too far forward. They are designed to swing to the
        back when arms are opened.

        Mykaru/Michael

        >From: "Jason Adams" <banditt_adams@...>
        >To: sca-jml@yahoogroups.com
        >Subject: [SCA-JML] O-sode question: trying them onto the armour
        >Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2007 13:53:17 -0000
        >
        >Hey everyone,
        >
        >I have a diagram on making the agemaki bow and affixing the cords in
        >the back, but my question is about the tasseled cords that come off of
        >the O-sode: Do they wrap around your arm or anything? What keeps them
        >taunt to your arm (if at all)?
        >
        >Thanks again!
        >
        >I have 5 rows of true kozane finished and awaiting lacwuer. UGH!! I
        >will take some pics and get them uploaded in the next couple of days
        >to show the un-lacquered rows.
        >
        >LOL everyone at the house here says its Cracker Armour. All those
        >scales with the holes punched are on natural un-dyed leather, which
        >makes them look like big saltines :)
        >
        >-Jason

      • Jason Adams
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 18, 2007