Re: true kozane construction tips

  • Jason Adams
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 8, 2007
      LOL no kidding??

      --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, "Michael Peters" <shdwstel@...> wrote:

      > Toraba (Trevor) is Scottish so whether he speaks English is
      debatable. ;)

      > He doesn't reply to anything that isn't buying an antique anymore.

    • Jason Adams
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 9, 2007
        Excellent Rich, thank you!! I have never seen this site before.

        I will be putting some images together as I go. On my
        www.GothicGermany.org site, I have an "armoury" link that shows the
        ashigaru set-up I made. now Im going for retainer armour. Laces and
        all that :)

        So as I get more put together I will post progress pics there.
        -Jason

        --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, Rich Goble <mcse4mci@...> wrote:

        > Hi Jason.
        >
        > I have only ever found one site other than Toraba that sells armor
        fittings. The site is
        http://www.shadowofleaves.com/armor_fittings.htm. I've never had any
        dealings with them, so I don't know how they are for service, etc.

        > Shadow Of Leaves also sells silk lacing and the various cords you
        will need - $68.00 per 10 meters for the silk if I remember right.

        > Hope this helps.
        >
        > Please document your project in pictures so we can see your
        progress!!!

        > - Rich
      • gabriel_andvaka
        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 10, 2007
          I can highly recommend Shadow of Leaves. Its a one man shop owned by Mike Crampton.
          Every time I've had questions, he's answered them. His return policy is great, and most of
          his stuff he keeps in stock and wil ship same day.

          Gabriel

          --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, Rich Goble <mcse4mci@...> wrote:

          > Hi Jason.
          >
          > I have only ever found one site other than Toraba that sells armor fittings. The site is
          http://www.shadowofleaves.com/armor_fittings.htm. I've never had any dealings with
          them, so I don't know how they are for service, etc.

          > Shadow Of Leaves also sells silk lacing and the various cords you will need - $68.00
          per 10 meters for the silk if I remember right.

          > Hope this helps.
          >
          > Please document your project in pictures so we can see your progress!!!
          >
          > - Rich

        • JL Badgley
          Message 4 of 8 , Oct 10, 2007
            On 10/10/07, gabriel_andvaka <andvaka_lists@...> wrote:

            > I can highly recommend Shadow of Leaves. Its a one man shop owned by Mike Crampton.
            > Every time I've had questions, he's answered them. His return policy is great, and most of
            > his stuff he keeps in stock and wil ship same day.

            I've been meaning to patronize them myself. I've met him, as he is
            local to us on the East Coast, and he seems to be quite reputable.
            I'll probably put in an order once I figure out what I want to do.

            -Joshua B.
          • Jason Adams
            Message 5 of 8 , Oct 11, 2007
              He is on the East Coast? Where at? I live in Ohio. I would love to
              drive out and see a shop like his!!

              -Jason