Re: [SCA-JML] Re: Stupid People

  • michael A
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 1, 2007
      --- aimee brooks <rjb@...> wrote:

      > The other sad thing is the massive entitlement
      > attitude so many parents
      > these days seem to be copping, and passing on to
      > their children.
      snip

      I'm only 28.
      > Gross as it was, the South Park movie was a
      > brilliant parody of this
      > whole mentality. Kids sneak off to see an adult
      > movie and learn some
      > VERY adult language. Kids get in trouble at school,
      > and the parents
      > literally end up starting a war with Canada over it,
      > instead of actually
      > doing damage control and dealing with their kid's
      > behavior.
      > To quote one of the musical numbers "We must blame
      > them because of us,
      > before somebody thinks of blaming us!"

      the problem is the parents are letting the kids watch
      the southpark too. ever doubt children absorb that tv
      they see..... i can tell you what kids products have
      active marketing campaigns... hear them once an my 6
      yr old son can and does repeat them verbatum.
      Youd be amazed at howe often my son says his friends
      watch all the adult and inappropiate cartonns i wont
      let him see.

      before i end the rant ;), what in the world are all
      these kids doing up watching adult swim????? its even
      in the title ADULT swim. ::shakes head:::
      ----kiyohara

      Need a vacation? Get great deals
      to amazing places on Yahoo! Travel.
      http://travel.yahoo.com/
    • audrid@aol.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 1, 2007
        Kiyohara said...

        before i end the rant ;), what in the world are all
        these kids doing up watching adult swim????? its even
        in the title ADULT swim. ::shakes head:::

        My dearest friend-

        Kindly allow me to share some information that a good deal of these parents are probably thinking.? They are probably thinking that because these shows are cartoons, they can't be all that bad.? What these parents fail to realize is that most of the shows on Adult Swim are not American cartoons.? They are Japanese cartoons and are made for the Japanese market, who view?things like sexuality quite different than us in the western world.? I'm sure this is information you already know of though.

        Having worked in the retail world before, I know all about dealing with spoiled children.? One particular boy comes to mind when I think about kids who got everything they wanted.? His parents were divorced and his father, I guess in an effort to buy the boy's love, bought him whatever video game/gaming system he wanted.? A particular very popular game was set to come out on a particular day and our store had yet to receive their shipment.? The boy calls up asking if we had the game in stock, and he's told that we do not have it yet.? Instead of saying the polite thing like "Oh, okay thanks," he begins to yell at the girl on the phone calling her "a liar".? Needless to say, that phone call did not last very long.

        I have rambled too long and am afraid I must depart.? Until we speak again, I remain humbly yours.