Re: Stupid People

  • James Eckman
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 30, 2007
      Sadly the only thing you can do is restrict access at public events,
      there's just too many idiots out there. This applies to any delicate or
      dangerous items since some people refuse to control their children. Then
      if anything happens those same jerks insist that it's your fault.

      Jim Eckman
    • aimee brooks
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 30, 2007
        The other sad thing is the massive entitlement attitude so many parents
        these days seem to be copping, and passing on to their children.
        You tell a child not to touch the sword or other item on the table in
        front of you, or to kindly keep their hands out of your kit at an event,
        and next thing you know,
        you've got some hellhound of a parent screaming at you. How dare you
        talk to their kid. How dare you deny their kid anything. At the same
        time, you just know that if anything happens, it will be all your fault.
        I just don't know where the entitlement and overindulgence comes from.
        My parents didn't carry on like that and allow my sister or I to run
        roughshod over everything. And I'm not that old either. I'm only 28.
        Gross as it was, the South Park movie was a brilliant parody of this
        whole mentality. Kids sneak off to see an adult movie and learn some
        VERY adult language. Kids get in trouble at school, and the parents
        literally end up starting a war with Canada over it, instead of actually
        doing damage control and dealing with their kid's behavior.
        To quote one of the musical numbers "We must blame them because of us,
        before somebody thinks of blaming us!"

        My mom says even breast screening clinics aren't safe. She's seen
        patients bring their kids in, and allow those same kids to literally run
        all over the clinic, in and out of rooms, all over the place. The sucky
        thing? Clinic staff could get in trouble if they say anything to the
        kids, or restrain them from getting into something they shouldn't.
        The offended parent complains, and the poor employee gets in trouble. I
        guess nobody dares come out and say that if the parent had been making
        any effort at all to control the situation, nothing would have happened.
        I don't ask that kids be tied up, gagged, or straightjacketed when taken
        out in public. I only ask that the parents take control of their
        children, it IS after all, the job they signed up for when they had that
        kid in the first place.

        -Hirokawa no Tsuru, hater of crappy parenting.
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 30, 2007

          > Sadly the only thing you can do is restrict access at public events,
          > there's just too many idiots out there. This applies to any
          > delicate or
          > dangerous items since some people refuse to control their children.
          > Then
          > if anything happens those same jerks insist that it's your fault.

          I would think that unreasonable adults were worse than unreasonable
          children. This goes at least double for intoxicated unreasonable adults.
          At least with the average elementary school student you can try spend
          time with them and explain things.

        • michael A
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 1, 2007
            --- aimee brooks <rjb@...> wrote:

            > The other sad thing is the massive entitlement
            > attitude so many parents
            > these days seem to be copping, and passing on to
            > their children.
            snip

            I'm only 28.
            > Gross as it was, the South Park movie was a
            > brilliant parody of this
            > whole mentality. Kids sneak off to see an adult
            > movie and learn some
            > VERY adult language. Kids get in trouble at school,
            > and the parents
            > literally end up starting a war with Canada over it,
            > instead of actually
            > doing damage control and dealing with their kid's
            > behavior.
            > To quote one of the musical numbers "We must blame
            > them because of us,
            > before somebody thinks of blaming us!"

            the problem is the parents are letting the kids watch
            the southpark too. ever doubt children absorb that tv
            they see..... i can tell you what kids products have
            active marketing campaigns... hear them once an my 6
            yr old son can and does repeat them verbatum.
            Youd be amazed at howe often my son says his friends
            watch all the adult and inappropiate cartonns i wont
            let him see.

            before i end the rant ;), what in the world are all
            these kids doing up watching adult swim????? its even
            in the title ADULT swim. ::shakes head:::
            ----kiyohara

            Need a vacation? Get great deals
            to amazing places on Yahoo! Travel.
            http://travel.yahoo.com/
          • audrid@aol.com
            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 1, 2007
              Kiyohara said...

              before i end the rant ;), what in the world are all
              these kids doing up watching adult swim????? its even
              in the title ADULT swim. ::shakes head:::

              My dearest friend-

              Kindly allow me to share some information that a good deal of these parents are probably thinking.? They are probably thinking that because these shows are cartoons, they can't be all that bad.? What these parents fail to realize is that most of the shows on Adult Swim are not American cartoons.? They are Japanese cartoons and are made for the Japanese market, who view?things like sexuality quite different than us in the western world.? I'm sure this is information you already know of though.

              Having worked in the retail world before, I know all about dealing with spoiled children.? One particular boy comes to mind when I think about kids who got everything they wanted.? His parents were divorced and his father, I guess in an effort to buy the boy's love, bought him whatever video game/gaming system he wanted.? A particular very popular game was set to come out on a particular day and our store had yet to receive their shipment.? The boy calls up asking if we had the game in stock, and he's told that we do not have it yet.? Instead of saying the polite thing like "Oh, okay thanks," he begins to yell at the girl on the phone calling her "a liar".? Needless to say, that phone call did not last very long.

              I have rambled too long and am afraid I must depart.? Until we speak again, I remain humbly yours.