Re: [SCA-JML] another question

    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 4, 2000
      Gara of Lions Gate wrote:

      > Greetings again, I started back at the beginning and am now at post
      > #52 of 2287. Yes I'm a little bit baka, but I have alot of hima (free
      > time) on my hands, what can I say! The only drawback is the
      > exhorbitant cost of dial-up service here in Japan, and I'm crossing my
      > fingers that ISDN will soon come to my city. Anyhow, I'm posting again
      > to ask for suggestions of places to visit in my area (Tochigi-ken,
      > Oyama-shi... close to the border of Ibaraki, Saitama, and Gunma
      > prefectures). I've been to Nikko once, but that was only for a brief
      > visit, on the day of the Festival of 1000 Samurais. I did take a few
      > pictures that I am waiting to get scanned. I have a car, so I can
      > either take the train or go by car if it's not too far a distance.
      > Let me know if you have any recommendations!

      You need one of those tele-hodai set-ups. I had some friends in Tokyo
      who did that (Jim 'n' Constance), and the dial-in was the free call, but
      only between ten pm and seven am. Crappy system.

      I love Japan, but I *hate* the way they do telephones.

      As to places to visit: drop me a line again in a week or so (after term
      papers are gone and finals are finalized) and I'll have time to give you
      some good recs.

      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 4, 2000
        Barbara Nostrand wrote:

        > Noble Gara! Well the trees at Nikko are just wonderful. The festival
        > is well "incredibly tacky" hardlydoes it justice. There are museums
        > all over the place and there are old castles tovisit. You could take
        > up onsen and even the mysteries of rotenburo. AHHH!

        Dammit, are you *trying* to make me move back to Japan? { wink }

        Effingham
      • Barbara Nostrand
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 4, 2000
          Baron Edward!

          My first couple of years on this continent after Japan were spent
          mainly wishing to get on the subway and go home. *SIGH* By the
          time I actually got the opportunity, I was afraid to go back.
          Yes. I can be increadibly stupid.

          | techie.com, msn.com |
        • Gara of Lions Gate
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 6, 2000
            Barbara Nostrand wrote:

            > Noble Gara! Well
            the trees at Nikko are just wonderful. The festival
            > is well "incredibly
            tacky" hardlydoes it justice. There are museums
            > all over the place and
            there are old castles tovisit. You could take
            > up onsen and even the
            mysteries of rotenburo. AHHH!

            Dammit, are you *trying* to make me move back to Japan? { wink }

            Effingham

            Oh yes please do!!!   That way I would have somebody close by that could teach me all this cool stuff.  Could somebody convince him to preferably move north of Tokyo?  *hehe*

            Gara
            who has no personal interest vested in this, no, of course not