Re: [SCA-JML] another question

  • Barbara Nostrand
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 4, 2000
      Re: [SCA-JML] another question
      Noble Gara!

      Well the trees at Nikko are just wonderful. The festival is well "incredibly tacky" hardly
      does it justice. There are museums all over the place and there are old castles to
      visit. You could take up onsen and even the mysteries of rotenburo. AHHH!

      +-------------------------------------------------------------------- >-+
      | Barbara Nostrand, Ph.D.         | Solveig Throndardottir, CoM       |
      | deMoivre Institute           >    | Carolingia Statis Mentis Est      |
      | mailto:nostrand@...         | mailto:bnostran@...      |
      +-------------------------------------------------------------------- >-+
      | Ignored domains: bestbiz.net, pop.net, hotmail.com, aibusiness.com  |
      |            >       vdi.net, usa.net, tpnet.pl, myremarq.com           |
      |            >       netscape.net, excite.com, bigfoot.com, public.com  |
      |            >       com.tw, eranet.net, yahoo.com, success.net         |
      |            >       mailcity.com, net.tw, twac.com, netcenter.com      |
      |                  techie.com, msn.com                                 |
      +-------------------------------------------------------------------- >-+
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 4, 2000
        Gara of Lions Gate wrote:

        > Greetings again, I started back at the beginning and am now at post
        > #52 of 2287. Yes I'm a little bit baka, but I have alot of hima (free
        > time) on my hands, what can I say! The only drawback is the
        > exhorbitant cost of dial-up service here in Japan, and I'm crossing my
        > fingers that ISDN will soon come to my city. Anyhow, I'm posting again
        > to ask for suggestions of places to visit in my area (Tochigi-ken,
        > Oyama-shi... close to the border of Ibaraki, Saitama, and Gunma
        > prefectures). I've been to Nikko once, but that was only for a brief
        > visit, on the day of the Festival of 1000 Samurais. I did take a few
        > pictures that I am waiting to get scanned. I have a car, so I can
        > either take the train or go by car if it's not too far a distance.
        > Let me know if you have any recommendations!

        You need one of those tele-hodai set-ups. I had some friends in Tokyo
        who did that (Jim 'n' Constance), and the dial-in was the free call, but
        only between ten pm and seven am. Crappy system.

        I love Japan, but I *hate* the way they do telephones.

        As to places to visit: drop me a line again in a week or so (after term
        papers are gone and finals are finalized) and I'll have time to give you
        some good recs.

        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 4, 2000
          Barbara Nostrand wrote:

          > Noble Gara! Well the trees at Nikko are just wonderful. The festival
          > is well "incredibly tacky" hardlydoes it justice. There are museums
          > all over the place and there are old castles tovisit. You could take
          > up onsen and even the mysteries of rotenburo. AHHH!

          Dammit, are you *trying* to make me move back to Japan? { wink }

          Effingham
        • Barbara Nostrand
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 4, 2000
            Baron Edward!

            My first couple of years on this continent after Japan were spent
            mainly wishing to get on the subway and go home. *SIGH* By the
            time I actually got the opportunity, I was afraid to go back.
            Yes. I can be increadibly stupid.

            | techie.com, msn.com |
          • Gara of Lions Gate
            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 4, 2000
              Greetings again,

              I started back at the beginning and am now at post #52 of 2287.  Yes I'm a little bit baka, but I have alot of hima (free time) on my hands, what can I say!  The only drawback is the exhorbitant cost of dial-up service here in Japan, and I'm crossing my fingers that ISDN will soon come to my city.

              Anyhow, I'm posting again to ask for suggestions of places to visit in my area (Tochigi-ken, Oyama-shi... close to the border of Ibaraki, Saitama, and Gunma prefectures).  I've been to Nikko once, but that was only for a brief visit, on the day of the Festival of 1000 Samurais.  I did take a few pictures that I am waiting to get scanned.

              I have a car, so I can either take the train or go by car if it's not too far a distance.  Let me know if you have any recommendations!

              Gara

              *~*~*~*
              Gara of Clan Chattan,
              Stronghold of Vale de Draco
              Palatine Barony of the Far West
            • Gara of Lions Gate
              Message 6 of 6 , Dec 6, 2000
                Barbara Nostrand wrote:

                > Noble Gara! Well
                the trees at Nikko are just wonderful. The festival
                > is well "incredibly
                tacky" hardlydoes it justice. There are museums
                > all over the place and
                there are old castles tovisit. You could take
                > up onsen and even the
                mysteries of rotenburo. AHHH!

                Dammit, are you *trying* to make me move back to Japan? { wink }

                Effingham

                Oh yes please do!!!   That way I would have somebody close by that could teach me all this cool stuff.  Could somebody convince him to preferably move north of Tokyo?  *hehe*

                Gara
                who has no personal interest vested in this, no, of course not