Origami paper help

  • tsukime
    Message 1 of 13 , Sep 11, 2007
      Hi all,

      does anyone know where to get bulk origami paper?

      i've been 'asked' ( more like voulenteered ... i missed the local business meeting and sent my husband by himself.. lol ) to fold a whole lot of cranes for a local event next spring.. i have a couple of links, but they only have 20 count packs, i need more like.. 100 count .. or more..

      domo!

      tsukime

    • James Eckman
      Message 2 of 13 , Sep 12, 2007
        > Posted by: "tsukime"
        >
        > Hi all,
        >
        > does anyone know where to get bulk origami paper?

        Where do you live? There are Japanese stationary stores on the West and
        East Coasts.

        Jim
      • tsukime
        Message 3 of 13 , Sep 12, 2007
          i live in the middle of absolutely no where in Centeral IL. .. .( Peoria, IL.. or about 175 miles south of Chicago and the same north of St. Louis.)
          lol, its for sure going to have to be an online thing. there is nothing out here that carries origami paper other then Hobby Lobby

          > does anyone know where to get bulk origami paper?

          Where do you live? There are Japanese stationary stores on the West and

          East Coasts.

          Jim

          <!--

          #ygrp-mkp{
          #ygrp-mkp hr{
          border:1px solid #d8d8d8;}
          #ygrp-mkp #hd{
          #ygrp-mkp #ads{
          margin-bottom:10px;}
          #ygrp-mkp .ad{
          padding:0 0;}
          #ygrp-mkp .ad a{
          color:#0000ff;text-decoration:none;}
          -->

          <!--

          #ygrp-sponsor #ygrp-lc{
          font-family:Arial;}
          #ygrp-sponsor #ygrp-lc #hd{
          #ygrp-sponsor #ygrp-lc .ad{
          margin-bottom:10px;padding:0 0;}
          -->

          <!--

          #ygrp-mlmsg * {line-height:1.22em;}
          #ygrp-text{
          font-family:Georgia;
          }
          #ygrp-text p{
          margin:0 0 1em 0;}
          #ygrp-tpmsgs{
          font-family:Arial;
          clear:both;}
          #ygrp-vitnav{
          #ygrp-vitnav a{
          padding:0 1px;}
          #ygrp-actbar{
          #ygrp-actbar .left{
          float:left;white-space:nowrap;}
          .bld{font-weight:bold;}
          #ygrp-grft{
          #ygrp-ft{
          padding:5px 0;
          }
          #ygrp-mlmsg #logo{
          padding-bottom:10px;}

          #ygrp-vital{
          #ygrp-vital #vithd{
          #ygrp-vital ul{
          padding:0;margin:2px 0;}
          #ygrp-vital ul li{
          }
          #ygrp-vital ul li .ct{
          #ygrp-vital ul li .cat{
          font-weight:bold;}
          #ygrp-vital a{
          text-decoration:none;}

          #ygrp-vital a:hover{
          text-decoration:underline;}

          #ygrp-sponsor #hd{
          color:#999;font-size:77%;}
          #ygrp-sponsor #ov{
          #ygrp-sponsor #ov ul{
          padding:0 0 0 8px;margin:0;}
          #ygrp-sponsor #ov li{
          #ygrp-sponsor #ov li a{
          text-decoration:none;font-size:130%;}
          #ygrp-sponsor #nc{
          #ygrp-sponsor .ad{
          padding:8px 0;}
          #ygrp-sponsor .ad #hd1{
          #ygrp-sponsor .ad a{
          text-decoration:none;}
          #ygrp-sponsor .ad a:hover{
          text-decoration:underline;}
          #ygrp-sponsor .ad p{
          margin:0;}
          o{font-size:0;}
          .MsoNormal{
          margin:0 0 0 0;}
          #ygrp-text tt{
          font-size:120%;}
          blockquote{margin:0 0 0 4px;}
          .replbq{margin:4;}
          -->

          Message 4 of 13 , Sep 12, 2007
            Where are you located?? I'm in southern California and I can find 100-sheet packs of origami paper at stationery/art supply/gift shops in Asian business areas.? Do you have anyplace like that?

            Luighseach

            Message 5 of 13 , Sep 12, 2007
              --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, tsukime <tsukime_is_not_shunrai@...>
              wrote:

              > i live in the middle of absolutely no where in Centeral IL. .. .(
              Peoria, IL.. or about 175 miles south of Chicago and the same north of
              St. Louis.)
              If you can make it into Chicago, there's a couple of places you can
              get paper--either the Japanese bookstore in the Mitsuwa marketplace or
              Aiko's Art Supplies. I live 3 hours from Chicago myself (in Dubuque,
              IA) so I don't make it there too often, but those places both had that
              kind of paper the last time I made it over there, about a year ago. I
              don't know about St. Louis, but you might check with the Three Rivers
              (Calontir) mailing list. They know all the good shopping spots.
              Actually, I think there's a couple of people from that area on sca-jml?

              --Ki no Torahime
            • Jennifer Dinwiddie
              Message 6 of 13 , Sep 12, 2007
                http://www.origamicorner.com/

                they have all kinds, solid, decorative, you name it. and its in counts from 20-100 depending on what you want.

                I hope this helps, I love origami myself though I haven't done it in a wile... hmmm I should probably get back into it *smile* thanks for the unintentional reminder.

                Nanashi Yuri-

                tsukime <tsukime_is_not_shunrai@...> wrote:
                Hi all,

                does anyone know where to get bulk origami paper?

                i've been 'asked' ( more like voulenteered ... i missed the local business meeting and sent my husband by himself.. lol ) to fold a whole lot of cranes for a local event next spring.. i have a couple of links, but they only have 20 count packs, i need more like.. 100 count .. or more..

                domo!

                tsukime

                Yahoo! Groups Links

                Dance as if no one were Watching, Sing as if no one were Listening,
                Love as though you've never been Hurt
                and Live everyday as though it was your Last.
                Argent Fox

              • tsukime
                Message 7 of 13 , Sep 12, 2007
                  i don't make it up that way to Chicago too often, and i make it down to St. Louis less then i go to Chicago..
                  i have browsed Aiko's web page, earlier today but i havnt seen anything other then single sheets they sell, i just cant justify in any state of mind the $7 plus a sheet for they charge for 1,500 i need.. am i missing something or, do they not sell more then just single sheets?.. * brain twitch*

                  Message 8 of 13 , Sep 12, 2007
                    This is just a suggestion but try

                    http://www.origami.com.au

                    it is worth a look.

                    Ashina

                    On 9/12/07, tsukime <tsukime_is_not_shunrai@...> wrote:

                    > i don't make it up that way to Chicago too often, and i make it down to
                    > St. Louis less then i go to Chicago..
                    > i have browsed Aiko's web page, earlier today but i havnt seen anything
                    > other then single sheets they sell, i just cant justify in any state of mind
                    > the $7 plus a sheet for they charge for 1,500 i need.. am i missing
                    > something or, do they not sell more then just single sheets?.. * brain
                    > twitch*
                    >
                    > ~tsukime

                  • Sean Malloy
                    Message 9 of 13 , Sep 12, 2007
                      wrote:

                      > i live in the middle of absolutely no where in Centeral IL. .. .(
                      Peoria, IL.. or about 175 miles south of Chicago and the same north of
                      St. Louis.)
                      > lol, its for sure going to have to be an online thing. there is
                      nothing out here that carries origami paper other then Hobby Lobby

                      Exercising my Google-fu, the California Paper Goods site has a special
                      Cranes package -- intended for the 'thousand cranes' project -- of
                      1,005 sheets of paper (all same pattern, but in 15 colors) for $12.50.

                      http://capg.zoovy.com/product/8979

                      They also have a wider variety of origami papers, which you may want
                      to look at another time:

                      http://capg.zoovy.com/category/origamipaper/
                      http://capg.zoovy.com/category/origamipaper.bulk_packs/
                    • tsukime
                      Message 10 of 13 , Sep 12, 2007
                        Thank you!!
                      • Heather Law
                        Message 11 of 13 , Sep 13, 2007
                          O.k. this may be a long shot... But have you considered a good-quality
                          paper cutter and a lot of plain-colored xmas wrapping paper? I use
                          tissue paper this way for paper cuttings. It's a cheap way to get lots
                          of plain paper. (Another way to cut paper square fast is folding it and
                          using a letter opener. Anything sharper, like a knife, will cut "too
                          well" and miss the fold)

                          HTH
                          Edwinna

                          tsukime wrote:

                          > Hi all,
                          >
                          > does anyone know where to get bulk origami paper?
                          >
                          > i've been 'asked' ( more like voulenteered ... i missed the local
                          > business meeting and sent my husband by himself.. lol ) to fold a
                          > whole lot of cranes for a local event next spring.. i have a couple of
                          > links, but they only have 20 count packs, i need more like.. 100 count
                          > .. or more..
                          >
                          > domo!
                          >
                          > tsukime

                        • tsukime
                          Message 12 of 13 , Sep 13, 2007
                            yea, i had considered that, but i have folded origami with wrapping paper... i found it too thick and would crumple at the edges when done if there was more then 2 layers..... or too thin and would tear/fray at the folds depending on the paper..

                            domo for the shot though :)

                            tsukime

                            tsukime wrote:

                            > Hi all,

                            > does anyone know where to get bulk origami paper?

                            > i've been 'asked' ( more like voulenteered ... i missed the local

                            > business meeting and sent my husband by himself.. lol ) to fold a

                            > whole lot of cranes for a local event next spring.. i have a couple of

                            > links, but they only have 20 count packs, i need more like.. 100 count

                            > .. or more..

                            > domo!

                            > tsukime

                            > Check out the hottest 2008 models today at Yahoo! Autos.

> [...]

                          • Jamie Ritter

                              tsukime wrote:

                              > Hi all,

                              > does anyone know where to get bulk origami paper?

                              > i've been 'asked' ( more like voulenteered ... i missed the local

                              > business meeting and sent my husband by himself.. lol ) to fold a

                              > whole lot of cranes for a local event next spring.. i have a couple of

                              > links, but they only have 20 count packs, i need more like.. 100 count

                              > .. or more..

                              > domo!

                              > tsukime

                              > Check out the hottest 2008 models today at Yahoo! Autos.

> [...]

                              I've got a firm grip on reality, now I can strangle it!!
                              Lady Fuyutsukime Hattori
                              (Hattori Fuyutsukime) mka
                              Jamie Ritter