women's underwear and breast binding

  • grace
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 27 2:01 PM
      Someone mentioned to me that they saw a link posted here to an article
      with pictures on how to do traditional breast binding, body padding
      etc. I looked through the archives, but no luck. If anyone has that
      link bookmarked, could you please re-post it or point me in the right
      direction?

      Matsumi
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 27 5:06 PM

        > Someone mentioned to me that they saw a link posted here to an article
        > with pictures on how to do traditional breast binding, body padding
        > etc. I looked through the archives, but no luck. If anyone has that
        > link bookmarked, could you please re-post it or point me in the right
        > direction?

        It is not nearly as esoteric as your posting implies. You should be
        able to
        read about it in just about any book on how to wear wafuku.
        Unfortunately,
        these are generally in Japanese. Regardless, there is a specialized
        undergarment worn under the short muslin jacket which along with a
        kind of wrap skirt form underwear for women wearing wafuku. I have
        all of these somewhere still I hope. As for padding, that is often done
        with terry cloth towels these days. Basically fold the towel and
        stick it
        where there would otherwise be a gap in the ideal noodle like figure.

      • luannesews2001
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 27 6:21 PM
          _The Book of Kimono_ by Norio Yamanaka, published by Kodansha, ISBN
          087011-785-8 has pictures of the undergarments.

          Luighseach