Shomu's Shoes?

  • Ellen Badgley
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 13, 2007
      http://homepage3.nifty.com/asunara/shoes.htm

      I'm gearing up to make a Nara-period outfit, and came across these
      shoes from the Shoso-in. I'm no great leatherworker, but I can
      actually see how the basic design goes together here, and am tempted
      to try it (the women's shoes are similar in design, from what I've
      seen in Tang Chinese images and Nara period reproductions).

      Has anyone tried a similar footwear project? I'm thinking of
      Ogami-dono's and Saiaiko-hime's kegutsu, but the project pages are
      sadly unavailable at the moment...

      (Also check out Shomu's bed at
      http://homepage3.nifty.com/asunara/bedstead.htm. This would not be a
      difficult Pennsic project!)