Re: Yumi question

  • robertthelost
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 15, 2007
      Greetings

      > Jaap K and his lovely wife Kay are members of Clan Yama Kaminari,
      > and here is his newest
      > web page:
      > http://www.yumi- bows.com/ yumi.html
      > He should be at Pennsic this year, and has excelent yumi - (I have
      > three of his
      > beauties...and I know about half of our fighting contingent have
      > bows from him...
      > Date

      Thank you very much for that link I actually have that one saved,
      just didnt know that was him and didnt know untill recently that
      there was a Scadian that made them. Thank You again

      > Excellent. I have taken the liberty of adding that address at
      > http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/sca- jml/links for the next time
      > this
      > question comes up.

      =) thanks also I did search through a bunch of posts looking for it
      but nothing I saw had the actual info posted, again thank you also.

      > 1. Yes, you can buy a yumi at Pennsic. However, you need to be
      > prepared to face the cost of a real target yumi.

      Unfortunatly I will not be attending Pennsic still all to new for me
      plus vacation wasnt planned acordingly. Cost, yes I have seen some
      prices on some site and I'm still deciding on if I want to get a
      fiberglass one to start, so I dont damage a beutifull work of art the
      first time on the range.

      > 2. Combat yumi are less expensive, but they are not cheap either.

      Still havent started combat arch (no armor =/)

      > 3. You are unlikely to want to use a target yumi for combat
      archery
      > even if the marshals were to allow you to do so.

      combat arch 30lb draw or less and its best to use a fiberglass bow
      for it since most likely it will be getting thrown around and taking
      a beating.

      > 4. No, the crossbow is not the standard combat archery weapon. It
      is
      > just a common combat archery weapon.

      I have no intrest in crossbows I feel like if I use a crossbow I
      might as well go to the rifle range, same concept plus they are
      pretty acurate and easy to get used to quickly.

      Thank You All Again

      In Service
      Atsumori