Re: [SCA-JML] Re:Jewels & Mirrors

    Message 1 of 14 , Jul 4, 2007

      > ---I've been looking for some good books in English on the subject of
      > ranks and robes and protocol, but I haven't found anything thorough
      > yet... any suggestions? :o)
      Learn Japanese? That is not quite as flip as it sounds. If you learn
      Japanese then you aren't dependent upon other folks getting around
      to translating the stuff you are interested in. However, you do become
      dependent upon 1) books available from U.S. libraries and 2) books
      which can be purchased from Japan. (Now that one is a truly heavy
      addiction. Pun intended.

      On a slightly more helpful note, there is an English Language guide
      to classical Japanese literature which has a lot of the stuff that you
      are interested in. However, the down side is that the last time I
      looked for it, I found a different book. So, I am not in a good position
      to point you to the correct volume. And, no, I'm not thinking of the
      Shining Prince guidebook. This is a much bigger book.