FW: Acadiana Medieval Faire June Update

  • dahoeboy
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 3, 2007
      CAST CALL FOR 2008 SEASON

      SCHOOL PILGRIMAGE INFO UPDATED

      NEW MERCHANTS WANTED FOR 2008

      JOIN US ON MYSPACE

      CAST CALL FOR 2008 SEASON

      Will be held From 2:00 – 4:00PM on Sunday August 12, 2007 the
      Acadiana Medieval
      Faire will be hosting an open casting call at the Lafayette Public
      Library at 301 West Congress Street Lafayette, LA 70501. Those
      interested should feel free to either come
      with their favorite costume or in comfortable clothing. No prior
      experience is necessary. The faire needs all kinds of people with all
      types of skills to bring our medieval town to life for our third
      annual event in 2008. If you are interested in joining our cast
      please call 1(866) 865-0433 or email cast@... for
      additional information. To learn more about the faire visit our
      website at: http://www.acadianafaire.org/
      to stay informed about faire events and activities join the fair's
      open discussion group at:

      SCHOOL PILGRIMAGE INFO

      Teachers: Take your students on a pilgrimage back in time to the
      medieval world of Geoffrey Chaucer. On their Pilgrimage your students
      will get to meet and interact with characters such as the Knight, the
      Wife of Bath or the Prioress from Chaucer's Canterbury Tales. Our
      special school Pilgrimage to Chaucer's England will be open to grade
      levels 1 - 6 from 9:00AM to 2:00PM on Monday March 31, 2008 and for
      grade levels 7 -12 on Tuesday April 1, 2008 . To maintain a safe
      environment for children, the Pilgrimage to Chaucer's England will
      not be open to the general public. Admission is $6.00 per person.
      Orders paid by March 20th, 2008 will receive 1 free chaperone ticket
      for every 10 paid tickets. If you can not make our scheduled
      Pilgrimage dates, you are welcome to join us on one of the weekend
      days of the Acadiana Medieval Faire for the same discounted price.
      For more Info and a Reservation form visit our website at:
      http://acadianafaire.org/education.htm. We will also be hosting a
      special teacher workshop at the Lafayette Public Library on Friday
      September 21, 2007 from 10:00AM to 4:00PM. Call 866-865-0433 for more
      info.

      NEW MERCHANTS WANTED

      The Acadiana Medieval Faire is looking for a select few merchants of
      hand crafted products. The Acadiana Medieval Faire is located just
      outside Lafayette, LA and runs from March 29 to April 1, 2008. Within
      one hour of the festival site are the cities of Baton Rouge, Lake
      Charles, Alexandria, Lafayette, New Iberia, and Opelousas. In the
      past two years we have averaged over 1300 patrons per day. Fees for
      the 2007 four day event are $100.00 for 20ft. frontage. We are
      willing to waive part of these merchant fees for merchants who are
      willing to demonstrate their craft. The application deadline for the
      2008 Season is December 31, 2007. A merchant application can be
      downloaded from our site at: http://acadianafaire.org/forms/Merchant%
      20Application.pdf

      JOIN US ON MYSPACE

      The Acadiana Medieval Faire would like to invite you to join us on
      myspace! Our Myspace profile is:
      http://www.myspace.com/acadianamedievalfaire