Re: [SCA-JML] Re: Name Game Question

  • JL Badgley
    Message 1 of 110 , Jun 7, 2007
      Have you looked at the Miscellany at http://sengokudaimyo.com/ ? I'd
      suggest there and look up the information on names. In short, it is better
      to choose a known name than to try to put Japanese characters together and
      make one up. If you get a better grasp of the language it can be done, but
      almost always trying to impose western meaning on a Japanese name is going
      to end up with something that sounds more fanciful than not.

      -Ii

      Message 110 of 110 , Jul 8, 2007
        Noble Cousin!

        Greetings from Solveig! In Japan, you can see things written just
        about any way except bottom to top. In period, however, you would
        generally things written from top to bottom.