Re: [SCA-JML] Combat styles & useage

    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 4, 2007

      > www.thearma.org/essays/knightvs.htm

      The fundamental flaw that I possibly see with this article is the
      possibility of misidentifying "samurai" with "knights" when the
      samurai class should be identified with a class which includes
      yoemen. Basically, the samurai were a large class which included
      people whom you would think of as men at arms. The "knights"
      of medieval Europe are a somewhat more elite group which
      does not correspond with KSCA as KSCA corresponds more
      closely to elite orders of knighthood such as the Order of the
      Bath. Well, that's my two cents worth.