Name Game Question

  • robertthelost
    Message 1 of 110 , Jun 4, 2007
      Greetings all,

      First off I am new to the site and only been into the SCA for about a
      year. I have always been itrested in the Japanese culture and so have
      decided to atempt a Japanese persona.

      I have read most off what I have found online about name construction
      and some of the post's on here. One of the posts suggest that you
      should find a surname first. With that being said, Does the name have
      to be actually documented? If I use the basis of making a name and from
      what I have read many people didnt have Surnames in a certian era
      unless royalty could i create my surname? My surname in mind at the
      moment is "Ryukuni" or "Ryukuni no". Would this name work?

      Sorry this has turned out longer than I thought and I appreciate anyone
      that actually reads it all =)

      2nd half of name or "given name". Given name seems to be a bit easier
      kinda like any other name with meaning to it. My only problem is making
      sure it actually means what I intend it to. It seems like a combination
      of words could mean something completly diferent. With that said the
      name I have in mind is "Shinteishiro". Would this work?

      So the name I have in mind is "Ryukuni no Shinteishiro"

      Thank you any and all that might read this and any and all replys are
      appreciated. I know I could have made this shorter but I wanted for all
      to know that I have been trying on my own to get this down. I didnt
      want to seem like I just jump on here and wanted people to do my work
      for me.

      In Servce
      Robert the nameless one
      Message 110 of 110 , Jul 8, 2007

        Greetings from Solveig! In Japan, you can see things written just
        about any way except bottom to top. In period, however, you would
        generally things written from top to bottom.