FW: Acadiana Medieval Faire Casting Call

  • dahoeboy
    Message 1 of 1 , May 29, 2007
      From 2:00 – 4:00PM on Sunday August 12, 2007 the Acadiana Medieval
      Faire will be hosting an open casting call at the Lafayette Public
      Library at 301 West Congress Street
      Lafayette, LA 70501. Those interested should feel free to either come
      with their favorite costume or in comfortable clothing. No prior
      experience is necessary. The faire needs all kinds of people with all
      types of skills to bring our medieval town to life for our third
      annual event in 2008. If you are interested in joining our cast
      please call 1(866) 865-0433 or email cast@... for
      additional information.

      Running from March 29 to April 1, 2008 between Grand Coteau and
      Arnaudville the Acadiana Medieval faire is a recreation of a medieval
      spring market faire similar to those found during the late gothic
      period of continental Europe. Visitors to the third annual Acadiana
      Medieval Faire will also encounter lively characters from Chaucer's
      Canterbury Tales and delight in their tales as they shop in a unique
      medieval-style market place, listen to authentic early music, watch a
      show from the Middle Ages, or delight in the spicy food that is the
      trade mark of Cajun Country.

      Attracting more than 10000 visitors in its first two years, the
      Acadiana Medieval Faire has been a tremendous success.
      The Acadiana Medieval Faire is a not-for-profit corporation that is
      the only Renaissance Festival in the South specifically geared to
      school groups and families. All proceeds from the faire are re-
      invested in the faire and its educational programs. To learn more
      about the faire visit their website at: http://www.acadianafaire.org/
      to stay informed about faire events and activities join the faire's
      open discussion group at: