Re: [SCA-JML] Combat styles & useag

  • aimee brooks
    Message 1 of 6 , May 26, 2007
      That's one of the better writeups about the ever-controversial "Knight
      vs Samurai" that I've read, very well done.
      -Hirokawa no Tsuru
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 4, 2007

        > www.thearma.org/essays/knightvs.htm

        The fundamental flaw that I possibly see with this article is the
        possibility of misidentifying "samurai" with "knights" when the
        samurai class should be identified with a class which includes
        yoemen. Basically, the samurai were a large class which included
        people whom you would think of as men at arms. The "knights"
        of medieval Europe are a somewhat more elite group which
        does not correspond with KSCA as KSCA corresponds more
        closely to elite orders of knighthood such as the Order of the
        Bath. Well, that's my two cents worth.