Traditional Japanese Time

  • chasrmartin
    Message 1 of 2 , May 21, 2007
      For those of you who are residing in the land of the Devas in computer
      terms (ie, Mac users) there's a trippy new application that shows
      traditional Japanese time --- that is, twelve periods, with six from
      sunrise to sunset, six from sunset to sunrise.

      Find it http://www.kenjikojima.com/ here.

      For Windows users in the realm of Hungry Ghosts, I suppose you ould
      always write Kenji ....

      (PS, decent Wikipedia article on Japanese traditional clocks and
      timekeeping http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wadokei here.)

      - Mugyo
      Message 2 of 2 , May 22, 2007
        --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, "chasrmartin" <chasrmartin@...> wrote:

        > For those of you who are residing in the land of the Devas in computer
        > terms (ie, Mac users) there's a trippy new application that shows
        > traditional Japanese time --- that is, twelve periods, with six from
        > sunrise to sunset, six from sunset to sunrise.
        >
        > Find it http://www.kenjikojima.com/ here.
        >
        > For Windows users in the realm of Hungry Ghosts, I suppose you ould
        > always write Kenji ....

        Actually, there's this, created by Date Saburou Yukiie:
        http://www.yamakaminari.com/clock/datesclock.html

        Saionji no Hanae
        West