Tabis Online

  • Yamashiro Kato'
    Message 1 of 5 , May 17, 2007
      Ohaiyo,

      I'm looking at getting some more period looking footwear for fighting that also provides some protection and stumbled upon this site ( www.tabisonline.com ). I was looking at the boots, specifically the Rikio Safety Tabi which has a reinforced toe. Has anyone had any experiences with these or any other tabis from these guys? Any opinions or suggestions?

      Much appreciated.

      Domo.
      -|<
      Message 2 of 5 , May 17, 2007

        > I'm looking at getting some more period looking footwear for
        > fighting that also provides some protection and stumbled upon this
        > site ( www.tabisonline.com ). I was looking at the boots,
        > specifically the Rikio Safety Tabi which has a reinforced toe. Has
        > anyone had any experiences with these or any other tabis from these
        > guys? Any opinions or suggestions?

        I don't know about your particular vendor, but it looks like they are
        selling Japanese carpenter's boots. Carpenters wear
        these things at construction sites. Consequently, I would think they
        would be adequate for your purposes.

        Message 3 of 5 , May 17, 2007
          --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, Yamashiro Kato' <yamashiro_kato@...>
          wrote:
          > I'm looking at getting some more period looking footwear for
          fighting that also provides some protection and stumbled upon this
          site ( www.tabisonline.com ). I was looking at the boots,
          specifically the Rikio Safety Tabi which has a reinforced toe. Has
          anyone had any experiences with these or any other tabis from these
          guys?

          Yamashiro-dono,

          Otagiri Tatsuzou acquired a pair of these last year and was pleased
          with their performance under combat conditions. (I'd let him answer
          himself, but I haven't seen much activity from him recently and
          suspect his job has him travelling again.)

          Saionji no Buttinski
          West
        • rhoward
          Message 4 of 5 , May 17, 2007
            Kato-dono,

            Not with that company specifically, but yes to "jikatabi" in general.

            Worn as snuggly as they allow, I felt like I might have been geting a tad of ankle support. They
            are cut resistant but not crush resistant so I cannot speak to the reinforcement. They provided
            good traction, but were not thorn resistant, so be aware of your surroundings. I found myself
            replacing than at least once a year, primarily because the soles would wear through.

            Yoshi

            Akitsuki Yoshimitsu - Barony of Coeur d'Ennui, Kingdom of Calontir
            Wealth and rank are like the clouds; I do not wish for such transient things.

            I'm looking at getting some more period looking footwear for fighting that also provides some
            protection and stumbled upon this site ( www.tabisonline.com ). I was looking at the boots,
            specifically the Rikio Safety Tabi which has a reinforced toe. Has anyone had any experiences with
            these or any other tabis from these guys? Any opinions or suggestions?

            Much appreciated.

            Domo.
            -|<

            Yahoo! Groups Links
          • Andrew Wise
            Message 5 of 5 , May 19, 2007
              I have a pair that I love. I have had several LARGE people step on my foot
              and my toes came out unscathed. The only foot injury that I have incurred
              is when I had someone fall shield edge first on the top of my foot, and
              there is not very many shoes that would have protected from that.

              Anyway that is my two yen.

              Yagyu Tametomo
              Kingdom of Atenveldt