laces for less

  • Jason Adams
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 8, 2007
      Has anyone else experienced trouble with "laces for less"
      http://lacesforless.com/Shoelace.asp? I got them off of Bryant's site.

      I put in an order a week ago, stating I needed it the 5th. My
      automated receipt came back saying $0.00; to which I e-mailed to find
      out what was going on. I got a response from "Joe" who told me to
      e-mail back with the items I wanted and he would fix it.

      I replied with the order, asked if they retained my payment info from
      the original on-line transaction or if they needed it re-submitted
      (NOT gonna happen via e-mail), if they needed anything else and
      re-itterated I needed them the 5th.

      No response. No order arrived. No money has been deducted from my
      account, no nothing.

      What is more troubling is that on their "secure ordering" page there
      are four optional check boxes at the bottom. One says "check if you
      do not want us to share any of the above info with anyone else" UH,
      WTF??? Like my credit card number?? My address or any other private
      info? Who the hell else would they ever consider sharing it with
      besides their accounting dept.?

      Is this company a crock? anyone else done business with them before?

      I got by on my armour for this weekend (just ashigaru, no laces) with
      cheap stand-by cording to do the ties and toggles; but it was
      destroyed by the end of the day :(

      Are there any other *trustworthy* bulk lace retailers on-line or with
      a storefront?

      Kindest regards,
      -Jason (Katsu)
    • Yamashiro Kato'
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 9, 2007
        I've had nothing but good experiences with Laces for Less. I would not say they are a crock. I've ordered laces several times from them and I received them quickly and with no problems whatsoever. I will say that their checkout system is not the most current technology and could be a little difficult to work with, but I've not had any problems.

        I'm not sure what to tell you. Probably just a fluke transaction. My apologies.

        -|<

[...]

        <!--

        #ygrp-mlmsg * {line-height:1.22em;}
        #ygrp-text{
        font-family:Georgia;
        }
        #ygrp-text p{
        margin:0 0 1em 0;}
        #ygrp-tpmsgs{
        font-family:Arial;
        clear:both;}
        #ygrp-vitnav{
        #ygrp-vitnav a{
        padding:0 1px;}
        #ygrp-actbar{
        #ygrp-actbar .left{
        float:left;white-space:nowrap;}
        .bld{font-weight:bold;}
        #ygrp-grft{
        #ygrp-ft{
        padding:5px 0;
        }
        #ygrp-mlmsg #logo{
        padding-bottom:10px;}

        #ygrp-vital{
        #ygrp-vital #vithd{
        #ygrp-vital ul{
        padding:0;margin:2px 0;}
        #ygrp-vital ul li{
        }
        #ygrp-vital ul li .ct{
        #ygrp-vital ul li .cat{
        font-weight:bold;}
        #ygrp-vital a {
        text-decoration:none;}

        #ygrp-vital a:hover{
        text-decoration:underline;}

        #ygrp-sponsor #hd{
        color:#999;font-size:77%;}
        #ygrp-sponsor #ov{
        #ygrp-sponsor #ov ul{
        padding:0 0 0 8px;margin:0;}
        #ygrp-sponsor #ov li{
        #ygrp-sponsor #ov li a{
        text-decoration:none;font-size:130%;}
        #ygrp-sponsor #nc {
        #ygrp-sponsor .ad{
        padding:8px 0;}
        #ygrp-sponsor .ad #hd1{
        #ygrp-sponsor .ad a{
        text-decoration:none;}
        #ygrp-sponsor .ad a:hover{
        text-decoration:underline;}
        #ygrp-sponsor .ad p{
        margin:0;}
        o {font-size:0;}
        .MsoNormal {
        margin:0 0 0 0;}
        #ygrp-text tt{
        font-size:120%;}
        blockquote{margin:0 0 0 4px;}
        .replbq {margin:4;}
        -->

      • Otagiri Tatsuzou
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 9, 2007
          > I've had nothing but good experiences with Laces for Less. I would
          not say they are a crock. I've ordered laces several times from them
          and I received them quickly and with no problems whatsoever. I will
          say that their checkout system is not the most current technology and
          could be a little difficult to work with, but I've not had any problems.

          > I'm not sure what to tell you. Probably just a fluke transaction.
          My apologies.

          Me too.

          That is to say I think his online ordering system is antiquated at
          best but I've never regretted ordering from him. Whenever I've run
          into problems (either due to his packing or my ordering), its been
          taken care of quickly.

          Otagiri
        • Jason Adams
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 10, 2007
            Thank you for your candid responses, Yamashiro-dono and Otagiri-dono.
            I am very relieved to know that it may just have been a fluke!! I
            get kind of worried when someone has my credit card info and I'm not
            sure if they can be trusted ;)

            I will give them a second chance,
            -Jason
          • Date Saburou Yukiie
            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 10, 2007
              I have worked with the Laces for Less people also. I never had issue with them, so I believe
              you suffered an anomoly.
              Our good Sir Koredono has worked with them, I believe, and has had good things to say.
              Our Clan tends to buy large quantities of lace...big bulk orders in terms of thousands of feet
              at a time...
              We make a lot of armor...collectively...
              Date

              --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, "Jason Adams" <banditt_adams@...> wrote:

              > Thank you for your candid responses, Yamashiro-dono and Otagiri-dono.
              > I am very relieved to know that it may just have been a fluke!! I
              > get kind of worried when someone has my credit card info and I'm not
              > sure if they can be trusted ;)
              >
              > I will give them a second chance,
              > -Jason

            • Jason Adams