What's going on in San Francisco

  • luannesews2001
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 8, 2007
      I'll be in the San Francisco area for a few days later this week; is
      there anything happening as far as museum exhibits, Japanese garden
      events, etc?

      Luighseach
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 8, 2007
        --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, "luannesews2001" <Luiseach@...> wrote:

        > I'll be in the San Francisco area for a few days later this week; is
        > there anything happening as far as museum exhibits, Japanese garden
        > events, etc?

        What's on at the Asian Art Museum.
        http://www.asianart.org/

        April 14, 15, 21 & 22 are the dates for the Cherry Blossom Festival in
        Japantown
        http://www.nccbf.org/

        Tea Garden, Golden Gate Park. No "events" per se, but should be pretty
        this time of year.
        http://www.inetours.com/Pages/SFNbrhds/Japanese_Tea_Garden.html

        Japantown Business Association
        http://www.sfjapantown.org/

        Nichi Bei Times (newspaper)
        http://www.nichibeitimes.com/e/

        Drop me a line at wodeford AT yahoo DOT com if you like. I'm just
        across the bay in Alameda.

        Saionji no Hanae
        West
      • chasrmartin
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 9, 2007
          It's not San Francisco, and it's not next week --- in fact, it has
          only the slightest connection with the original question --- but as
          long as this is coming up, I wanted to mention that the local Jodo
          Shin church is having our Sakuramatsuri (Cherry Blossom Festival) on
          June 23/24 this year in Denver.

          We actually pack together Sakuramatsuri, Fujimatsuri and O-Bon into
          one weekend, so there is a lot going on.

          Mugyo