Re: Quick question

    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 3, 2007
      --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, "Ezequiel" <sekinakagawa@...> wrote:

      > Greetings and well met!
      > My question is simple, once you get your name and device register at
      > Laurel, what is your nihon-ji title that's equivalent to Lord?

      Nakagawa-dono,

      http://www.sengokudaimyo.com/miscellany/address.html explains modes of
      address and equivalent Japanese/Western titles and honorifics.

      BTW, SCA convention is that you may use the title Lord or Lady once
      you have received an Award of Arms (which may or may not have anything
      to do with when your name passes the College of Heralds).

      My addressing you with the honorific "-dono" works either as a pre-AoA
      "mylord" or as "Lord Nakagawa."

      I hope this helps.

      Saionji no Hanae
    • sekinakagawa@aol.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 4, 2007
        Hanae-hime,
        Thanks for the quick reply, I was doing research at Sengoku Daimyo, but
        confused my self as it was late in the evening.

        Humbly,
        Nakagawa Sukeie

        but not to ask and remain ignorant, is a life long shame.

        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 4, 2007
          --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, sekinakagawa@... wrote:

          > Hanae-hime,
          > Thanks for the quick reply, I was doing research at Sengoku
          Daimyo, but
          > confused my self as it was late in the evening.

          When your brain gets full, sometimes you need to back away from the
          source material, digest, and then go back to it later. ;->