Quick question

  • Ezequiel
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 3, 2007
      Greetings and well met!
      My question is simple, once you get your name and device register at
      Laurel, what is your nihon-ji title that's equivalent to Lord?

      Humbly,
      Nakagawa Sukeie
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 3, 2007
        --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, "Ezequiel" <sekinakagawa@...> wrote:

        > Greetings and well met!
        > My question is simple, once you get your name and device register at
        > Laurel, what is your nihon-ji title that's equivalent to Lord?

        Nakagawa-dono,

        http://www.sengokudaimyo.com/miscellany/address.html explains modes of
        address and equivalent Japanese/Western titles and honorifics.

        BTW, SCA convention is that you may use the title Lord or Lady once
        you have received an Award of Arms (which may or may not have anything
        to do with when your name passes the College of Heralds).

        My addressing you with the honorific "-dono" works either as a pre-AoA
        "mylord" or as "Lord Nakagawa."

        I hope this helps.

        Saionji no Hanae
      • sekinakagawa@aol.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 4, 2007
          Hanae-hime,
          Thanks for the quick reply, I was doing research at Sengoku Daimyo, but
          confused my self as it was late in the evening.

          Humbly,
          Nakagawa Sukeie

          but not to ask and remain ignorant, is a life long shame.

          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 4, 2007
            --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, sekinakagawa@... wrote:

            > Hanae-hime,
            > Thanks for the quick reply, I was doing research at Sengoku
            Daimyo, but
            > confused my self as it was late in the evening.

            When your brain gets full, sometimes you need to back away from the
            source material, digest, and then go back to it later. ;->