Re: QUICK HELP NEEDED PLEASE

  • Jason Adams
    Message 1 of 13 , Apr 3, 2007
      You guys are all beyond awesome!!! thank you ever so much for all of
      your help!

      Date-dono, your sashimono instruction is great thank you!! Real quick
      follow up though, on originals: was it a board on the horizontal part
      of the pole? How was that affixed? Was the pole lacquered?

      Now I need to decide on Hachimaki or tenugui :)

      THANK YOU!!!!
      -Jason
      Message 2 of 13 , Apr 3, 2007
        --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, "Jason Adams" <banditt_adams@...> wrote:
        > Ive looked in walmart and jo-anne fabrics for plastic versions. I was
        > astounded that no place I went to had these!!!

        Well, look where you're shopping: Walmart and Jo-Ann are pretty basic
        in terms of sewing/notions supplies.

        All you really need to make a toggle is some wooden dowel and cord.
        Cut the dowel to the size you want. Either drill the center so you can
        thread some cord through it or file a notch around the middle that the
        cord can ride in and tie it on that way. Use the rest of the cord to
        make the loop the toggle fits through.

        Good luck!

        Saionji no Hanae
      • Alex Cunningham
        Message 3 of 13 , Apr 4, 2007
          Namikawa has them. They're terribly nice people, and the toggles (kohaze) are not expensive, nor bulky. I just bought several several sets in both sizes (around 45 dollars worth) when I first found this place.

          http://www.namikawa-ltd.co.jp/english/

          Saburou

        • Jason Adams
          Message 4 of 13 , Apr 4, 2007
            ooOOOooo.... Toraba doesnt seem to function anymore and I have been
            wondering about any other place that carries some of this stuff!
            you're my new best friend :)
            -Jason

          • djmccreary@peoplepc.com
            Message 5 of 13 , Apr 5, 2007
              Where can I get the toggles that hold various parts together?

              easiest thing is to make them, get some dowels at home depot or wherever, cut them to the length you want, 1-1/2" or so, and drill two small holes in the middle.

              Ghita

              No trees were killed in the sending of this message,
              but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.