Greetings and an invitation

  • Date Saburou Yukiie
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 27, 2007
      Konban wa, tomodachi...
      The Sun Zi Bing Fa 摮怠��菜� is a favorite study of mine, and I have been working on a
      translation that is slightly different from other references. My point of view is one of a
      former United States Marine NCO who has been in a war, led troops, and understands
      logistics. I also have obviously been a participant in various medieval recreations, and have
      been a martial artist for a long time.
      I would like to offer to you fine folk a project I have been working on.

      [url]http://kabutographics.com/sunzi_recreationist/%5b/url]

      It is my goal to have a forum where people can investigate aspects of tactical military
      study as it applies to recreationists.
      How does one pack for Pennsic or Potrero as opposed to a single saturday event. How
      should one train their mind and body?
      What types of food translate well for field cooking? Anything and everything.

      I have the first chapter of the Zun Zi Bing Fa posted, and will add more as I can, but I
      figure it is a good starting point.

      Please feel free to look around and join up if you think this could be a do-able project.

      Thanks...
      Date
    • Elaine Koogler
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 27, 2007
        I'm not sure it is something I'd be interested in, but if you would
        consider the inclusion of non-Japanese personnas, there are a couple of
        folks in our Barony that I suspect would be interested. They both are
        quite interested in group tactics as they apply to SCA fighting, so
        might find your project intriguing.

        Let me know....

        Kiri
        Atlantia, Barony of Dun Carraig

        --
        Remember, if you ever need a helping hand, it's at the end of your arm.
        As you get older, remember you have another hand: the first is to help

        -- Audrey Hepburn
      • sekinakagawa@aol.com
        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 27, 2007
          Date-dono,
          It will be an honor and delight to go to your site, I am a former Marine
          (and retired Navy Cop), I have myself been involved in every engagement in the
          middle east since the mid 80s, I met Date no Genshiro Toshinobu at my house
          when he came to get some barrels I had, before leaving Marinus last year due
          to my retirement and relocation to An Tir, so never had the pleasure to meet
          any other Clan members, but I am one of your clan's greatest admirer. Look
          forward learning from your site.

          Humbly,
          Nakagawa Sukeie

          To ask a question may be a moments shame,
          But not to ask and remain ignorant is a life long shame.

            Message 5 of 8 , Mar 27, 2007
              Nakagawa-dono,
              I would be pleased to have you join the forum. I look forward to your insight. Welcome,
              and Semper Fi.
              Toshinobu-dono is a great friend and a superior tactician and combatant. I am proud to
              be his squire brother. I am glad you got to meet him.
              Date
              --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, sekinakagawa@... wrote:

              > Date-dono,
              > It will be an honor and delight to go to your site, I am a former Marine
              > (and retired Navy Cop), I have myself been involved in every engagement in the
              > middle east since the mid 80s, I met Date no Genshiro Toshinobu at my house
              > when he came to get some barrels I had, before leaving Marinus last year due
              > to my retirement and relocation to An Tir, so never had the pleasure to meet
              > any other Clan members, but I am one of your clan's greatest admirer. Look
              > forward learning from your site.
              >
              > Humbly,
              > Nakagawa Sukeie
              >
              > To ask a question may be a moments shame,
              > But not to ask and remain ignorant is a life long shame.

            • chasrmartin
              Message 6 of 8 , Mar 28, 2007
                --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, "Date Saburou Yukiie" <dateyukiie@...>
                wrote:

                > Konban wa, tomodachi...
                > The Sun Zi Bing Fa 孫子兵法 is a favorite study of mine, and I have
                been working on a
                > translation that is slightly different from other references.

                Datesan, I'm looking forward to checking out your site. If you
                haven't already run into it, I can recommend David Li's translation as
                providing a very interested sort of down-to-Earth view.

                http://www.amazon.com/Art-Leadership-Sun-Tzu-New-Millennium/dp/096378529X/ref=sr_1_1/103-4109145-7478220?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1175095888&sr=8-1
              • Jason Adams
                Message 7 of 8 , Mar 28, 2007
                  Christopher knows his stuff. I went to college with him and he helped
                  spur my interest in this hobby.

                  -Jason

                  wrote:

                  > Konban wa, tomodachi...

                  > Please feel free to look around and join up if you think this could
                  be a do-able project.

                  > Thanks...
                  > Date

                • Date Saburou Yukiie
                  Message 8 of 8 , Mar 28, 2007
                    I thought that was you Jason! I have seen your posts and am glad you found us! Welcome!
                    Nice website, btw...your artwork has always impressed me!
                    Date