Japanese sca in washington state

  • garudaking1
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 23, 2007
      Konnichiwa, I was wanting to find japanese sca events, members,etc in
      the seattle, puget sound area. I am not a member of the sca, but I
      want to become one if I can find members who re enact classic japan.
      If there are any clans near me or members, please email. Doumo
      arigatou gozaimasu!

      Kararu
    • Otagiri Tatsuzou
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 23, 2007
        > Konnichiwa, I was wanting to find japanese sca events, members,etc in
        > the seattle, puget sound area.

        (I love this part ...)
        http://www.rhinohide.cx/tousando/clanmap/html/clanmap.html

        By no means is this all SCA Japanese, just those who have registered.

        Otagiri
      • sekinakagawa@aol.com
        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 23, 2007
          Konishiwa Kararu-dono,
          As far as I know there are no nihon-ji basuku, in the Washington State,
          however, there are a number of SCA Japanese personas in the area you are at, one
          of which happen to be the former Baroness of Dragon's Lair, Baroness Tsuruko
          and she is in the Puget Sound Area (Silverdale). As per Clans like I said
          not to my knowledge, some of us whom have tought of staring a "clan" quickly
          found out that there are not enough interrest in Nihon as part of the SCA,
          however, as you can see here there are plety of us around that get together on
          this site. Stay with us and live the dream, you are not alone.

          Humbly,
          Nakagawa Sukeie

          but not to ask and remain ignorant, is a life long shame.

          Message 4 of 10 , Mar 24, 2007

            Greetings from Solveig! There are various sorts of Japanese clans in
            the Society.
            Two things that you do should understand:

            1. You should not join a household, clan, &c. until you have been in
            the Society
            for at least a year. The reason is that some households are
            highly dysfunctional.

            2. If you should decide to start your own clan. Please understand
            that you will
            have to expend a lot of energy on behalf of your clan members
            for a very long
            (possibly decades) time.

          • chasrmartin
            Message 5 of 10 , Mar 25, 2007
              wrote:

              > Noble Cousin!
              >
              > Greetings from Solveig! There are various sorts of Japanese clans in
              > the Society.
              > Two things that you do should understand:
              >
              > 1. You should not join a household, clan, &c. until you have been in
              > the Society
              > for at least a year. The reason is that some households are
              > highly dysfunctional.

              On the other hand, gratuitous drama, feuding, overacting and hysterics
              can be part of the fun.

              - Mugyo
              Message 6 of 10 , Mar 26, 2007
                --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, "chasrmartin" <chasrmartin@...> wrote:

                > On the other hand, gratuitous drama, feuding, overacting and hysterics
                > can be part of the fun.

                With respect, this person does not find any of those things
                particularly fun.

              • Park McKellop
                Message 7 of 10 , Mar 26, 2007
                  Especially when you are required to let them live. ;-)

                  Alcyoneus

                  Message 8 of 10 , Mar 27, 2007

                    > --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, "chasrmartin" <chasrmartin@> wrote:
                    >
                    > > On the other hand, gratuitous drama, feuding, overacting and hysterics
                    > > can be part of the fun.
                    >
                    > With respect, this person does not find any of those things
                    > particularly fun.

                    I'm not sure which of us isn't grokking the other's dry sense of humor.

                    (Heh. Firefox spell check knows how to spell "grok".)

                    - Mugyo
                  • sekinakagawa@aol.com
                    Message 9 of 10 , Mar 27, 2007
                      Greetings to all,
                      I read often this lines and fail to see how the line of observations is
                      helping this member whom seeks help finding a household or clan in Washington.
                      Just to set the records straight for him, there are no Japanese clans in
                      Washington that I know of, specially in the Seattle area or the Puget Sound
                      Area, but there are a few Japanese personas some of which are Laurels in the
                      Society. I hope not to step on anyone's kimono, but felt he needed a straight
                      answer, for to seek wisdom is priceless.

                      Humbly,
                      Nakagawa Sukeie

                      To ask a question may be a moments shame,
                      But not to ask and remain ignorant is a life long shame.

                    • Michael Wood
                      Message 10 of 10 , May 18, 2007
                        I am not sure if you have read any of the back posts
                        to this or other Samurai forums here on Yahoo! There
                        are no straight answers. I am in Seattle every work
                        day and know Her Excellency Mistress Murakami Tsuroko
                        pretty well so if you want to meet for coffee someday
                        and maybe boat over to that side of the water for a
                        fighter practice (it is really the gathering place for
                        that Barony) let me know.

                        There are people (in An Tir) interested in nearly
                        every kind of culture, and I see many people in
                        Japanese garb running around.

                        http://sims.yahoo.com/