Re: [SCA-JML] Kanmuri construction pics

    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 15, 2007

      Greetings from Solveig! Your URL didn't work when I tried it. So here
      are some URL's that
      are alive for today at least:

      http://www.gakushuin.ac.jp/univ/ua/kougei_002.htm

      Here is a page from a 19th century book. Incidentally, the owner of
      the web site grants free use for
      educational purposes.

      http://www.moroo.com/uzokusou/gokyozui/img/3-5.jpg

      If you are interested in China:

      http://www.e-museum.com.cn/dmsa/finery/fin/63940.shtml

      If you are interested in the Ryukyu Islands:

      http://www.city.naha.okinawa.jp/wk_simin/snap_snap/y2006/
      m07/060708rekisihakubutukan_1.htm

      If you are interested in Korea:

      http://museum.korea.ac.kr/exhibition/osaka/life01-7.htm

      If you were posting a web page for buying ready-made stuff from
      Japan, here is one:

      http://www.kyoto-singu.com/syouzoku.htm

    • sekinakagawa@aol.com
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 15, 2007
        Very nice.

        Sukeie

        but not to ask and remain ignorant, is a life long shame.

      • Jason Adams
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 16, 2007
          hmmm.... I like that :)

          > To avoid heartbreak, I have evolved the belief in shopping karma.
          > If it is meant to be yours, it will be. If it is not, you have not
          > gained anything, but you have not lost anything either.
          >
          > Saionji no Hanae
          > West

        • Elika Preston
          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 16, 2007
            Hi All,
            Just a newbie here, forgive me for intruding, but...
            There's a "Last Samurai" prop hakama costume on Ebay right now. Don't
            really know how authentic it is as far as fabrics and it IS from a later
            period than most are re-enacting, but I thought maybe someone might find it
            interesting.
            Its item number: 200087787025.

            Hayasaka Tomoe

            It�s tax season, make sure to follow these few simple tips
            http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/Taxes/PreparationTips/PreparationTips.aspx?icid=HMMartagline