Fujiwara Dono

  • Barbara Nostrand
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 16, 2000

      This is a bit of a personal note for Fujiwara Dono. I don't know
      exactly what is going on with the East Kingdom College of Heralds,
      but I was asked about Fujiwara Dono's Name and device submission
      by an EK herald and I received the EK ILOI in the mail today. I
      intend to write a note supporting her submission to the EK college
      of Heralds. Should it be returned by Brigantia, the name should be
      appealed to Laurel and I believe that both Baron Edward and myself
      will be quite willing to give whatever support we can.

      Incidentally, a bit more is known about Japanese women's names, but
      I haven't put out the 2nd edition of my pamphlet yet. Basically,
      there is a whole 3 volume history of Japanese women's names out
      there, but it has never been translated. The major problem with
      it is that it seldom gives both kanji and kana for names. This
      makes it difficult (for me at least) to work with as I either know
      how the name was pronounced but am left guessing as to what the
      name meant or I know what the name meant, but am left guessing as
      to how it was pronounced. Sometimes, I can cross correlate a
      name given only in kana with one given only in kanji. This is
      what is known in the trade as guessing.

      | techie.com, msn.com |