Kibakichi

  • danabren
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 4 10:29 AM
      I managed to unexpectedly find a copy of "Kibakichi" at Blockbuster
      this weekend.

      Very silly :) lots of melodrama, but much much better than feared
      (while also being not as good as I'd hoped). I liked the spurting
      blood after the loss of a limb, much more realistic in that department
      than Western movies.

      I'm debating keeping it - if someone has been searching for a copy all
      their life and the world will simply end if they don't own it, we can
      talk. Or I can keep it in my collection and pull it out whenever I
      want to see rubber kappa and women with strange body paint.

      Should I be holding on to this with both hands? 19th C doesn't do it
      for me, but monsters and beasties do.

      Kuro Kamakiri
    • Krystal Bostelman
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 4 10:50 AM
        I would hold onto it! Kibakichi II is awesome as well.

        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 4 2:43 PM
          If you don't like Kibikichi, you'll hate Kibikichi 2!
          But if you like Werewolf films, Chanbara and b-movies, you'll like
          the idea of Samurai Werewolf!

          It's not in my Top-10 Samurai films. Nor is it in my Top-10 Werewolf
          films. But then, I own all three Highlander Katanas so my tastes are
          varied and my standards low.

          Rick Johnson, PO Box 40451, Tucson, Az. 85717
          http://www.geocities.com/DesertHenge
          http://www.geocities.com/RikJohnson_ERB
          http://www.geocities.com/RikJohnson_RLJ

          Please note: message attached

        • Rick Johnson
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 4 2:46 PM
            Now if anyone has a copy of _The Beast and the Magic Sword_ starring
            Paul Naschy, another Japanese Samurai Werewolf film starring Spain's
            answer to Lon Chaney Jr, let me know!!!