Re:Akiyama, retainer to Takeda, 1500's, Akiyama Nobutomo

  • John Solomon
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 8 7:03 PM
      Hi I think that book is by Two Dragons, titled "Takeda" , a friend has it I will ask him about it this weekend. I will see if it is it. Or it could be one of the Ospray books by Turnbull or Bryant, I have alot of them and it looks familier I will check my copies.

      Obata Torashi

    • Jason Adams
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 9 9:59 AM
        "ooh-ooh, ah-ah!" how did you know I was born under the sign of the
        monkey?! :) heh, sorry for the assumption; there's just a lot of
        "look at this" being tossed around and its in Japanese. lol

        Thanks for your help, it is greatly appreciated. I'll also get books
        on the battle in which he partook, like Iwamura and the like.

        -Jason

        http://tousando.proboards18.com/index.cgi?action=display&board=heiho&thread=1163812784&page=1

        > As I'm looking at the Samurai Archives entry on your Akiyama, I see
        > the word "retainer." Depending on just how much of a footnote holder
        > Akiyama is and failing your finding specifics on the Akiyamas, you may
        > have to go UP the food chain to "your" daimyo, Takeda Shingen and use
        > Takeda's organizational rules.
        >
        > Good hunting,
        > Saionji no Hanae

      • Jason Adams
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 9 10:00 AM
          Thank you :) Is that a wargaming book? Im not finding it on amazon.
          Does the company have its own website?

          kindest regards,
          -Jason

          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 9 10:29 AM
            --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, "Jason Adams" <banditt_adams@...> wrote:

            > "ooh-ooh, ah-ah!" how did you know I was born under the sign of the
            > monkey?! :) heh, sorry for the assumption; there's just a lot of
            > "look at this" being tossed around and its in Japanese.

            Don't worry. I am rather fond of our four handed Younger Cousins. ;->
            If I call you Monkey Boy, it's a term of affection.

            And if you'll look back, you'll notice the Japanese tossing is coming
            from primarily one list member. ;->

            Saionji no Hanae
          • John Solomon
            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 10 1:24 PM
              yes it is a wargaming book, and I dont know if they have a web site. my friend is bringing the book ove tonight I'll post more later.

              Obata Torashi