Re: Inspiration has struck; quick, someone get a first aid kit!

  • Jason Adams
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 3, 2007
      Thanks for the kind words :) Im digging that scroll and its derrivatives!

      Ive also noted some books on Amazon; Ill get them from the Library to
      check out before I buy, that have artworks from Muromachi and Momoyama
      periods too. If they're any good, Ill post them for you.

      Thanks!
      -Jason

      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 3, 2007
        --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, "Jason Adams" <banditt_adams@...> wrote:

        > Thanks for the kind words :) Im digging that scroll and its
        derrivatives!

        > Ive also noted some books on Amazon; Ill get them from the Library to
        > check out before I buy, that have artworks from Muromachi and Momoyama
        > periods too. If they're any good, Ill post them for you.

        If you have any good local used bookstores, you may strike gold there.
        I've been slowly building my library from things I find in the
        wonderful used bookstores near UC Berkeley, particularly Moe's.

        Some titles I have that I think you might like if you can find them.
        The Heibonsha Survey of Art series is awesome. I keep finding random
        volumes of it and I'm up to six of them at this point:

        Smith, Bradley. Japan: A History In Art (New York, Simon and Schuster)
        1964. ASIN: B000HMYV42

        Ienaga, Saburou. Paintings in the Yamato Style - Heibonsha Survey of
        Art (Art Media Resources; [1st English ed.] edition, December 1973)
        ISBN 978-0834810167

        Yuzo, Yamane. Momoyama Genre Paintings - Heibonsha Survey of Art (Art
        Media Resources; [1st English ed.] edition, January 1974) ISBN
        978-0834810129

        Cheers,
        Saionji no Hanae

        Okudaira, Hideo & Ten Grotenhuis, Elizabeth. Narrative Picture Scrolls
        (Weatherhill; [1st ed.] edition, December 1973)ISBN 978-0834827103
      • Jason Adams
        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 4, 2007
          Very cool! thanks very kindly. Wow, amazon has 31 volumes of that
          Heibosha Survey of Art series! Cool beans :)

          Unfortunately there arent any used book stores. When I lived in
          Pittsburgh tehre were lots. Ill have to check around Toledo.

          thanks again,
          -Jason

          > Some titles I have that I think you might like if you can find them.
          > The Heibonsha Survey of Art series is awesome. I keep finding random
          > volumes of it and I'm up to six of them at this point:
          >
          > Smith, Bradley. Japan: A History In Art (New York, Simon and Schuster)
          > 1964. ASIN: B000HMYV42
          >
          > Ienaga, Saburou. Paintings in the Yamato Style - Heibonsha Survey of
          > Art (Art Media Resources; [1st English ed.] edition, December 1973)
          > ISBN 978-0834810167
          >
          > Yuzo, Yamane. Momoyama Genre Paintings - Heibonsha Survey of Art (Art
          > Media Resources; [1st English ed.] edition, January 1974) ISBN
          > 978-0834810129
          >
          > Cheers,
          > Saionji no Hanae
          >
          > Okudaira, Hideo & Ten Grotenhuis, Elizabeth. Narrative Picture Scrolls
          > (Weatherhill; [1st ed.] edition, December 1973)ISBN 978-0834827103

        • jrwences
          Message 4 of 10 , Feb 10, 2007
            --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, "Jason Adams" <banditt_adams@...> wrote:

            > Point of bringing this up: before I go nuts on adding the fine detail,
            > such as *lacing* and the like; if anyone can point me out any major
            > discrepencies, I'd like to get them fixed before it will become major
            > surgery.
            >
            > And dont give me any "its supposed to have 266 stiches on that seam!"
            > :) Im anal-retentive when it comes to detail, but Im not hashing ANY
            > stitches in those seems!! lol Some things should just be left to
            > assumption, if not imagination.
            >
            > arigatou,
            > -Jason Adams

            Just one question--left handed hashi?
          • Jason Adams
            Message 5 of 10 , Feb 11, 2007
              OMG! You're right, I didnt even think! lol thanks for pointing that
              out :)
              -Jason