Re: Inspiration has struck; quick, someone get a first aid kit!

  • Jason Adams
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 3, 2007
      Thank you :)

      -Jason

      --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, Diane Taylor <qara0@...> wrote:

      > Very Nice!!!
      >
      > Kumagaya Tenshi

    • Jason Adams
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 3, 2007
        Thanks for the kind words :) Im digging that scroll and its derrivatives!

        Ive also noted some books on Amazon; Ill get them from the Library to
        check out before I buy, that have artworks from Muromachi and Momoyama
        periods too. If they're any good, Ill post them for you.

        Thanks!
        -Jason

        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 3, 2007
          --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, "Jason Adams" <banditt_adams@...> wrote:

          > Thanks for the kind words :) Im digging that scroll and its
          derrivatives!

          > Ive also noted some books on Amazon; Ill get them from the Library to
          > check out before I buy, that have artworks from Muromachi and Momoyama
          > periods too. If they're any good, Ill post them for you.

          If you have any good local used bookstores, you may strike gold there.
          I've been slowly building my library from things I find in the
          wonderful used bookstores near UC Berkeley, particularly Moe's.

          Some titles I have that I think you might like if you can find them.
          The Heibonsha Survey of Art series is awesome. I keep finding random
          volumes of it and I'm up to six of them at this point:

          Smith, Bradley. Japan: A History In Art (New York, Simon and Schuster)
          1964. ASIN: B000HMYV42

          Ienaga, Saburou. Paintings in the Yamato Style - Heibonsha Survey of
          Art (Art Media Resources; [1st English ed.] edition, December 1973)
          ISBN 978-0834810167

          Yuzo, Yamane. Momoyama Genre Paintings - Heibonsha Survey of Art (Art
          Media Resources; [1st English ed.] edition, January 1974) ISBN
          978-0834810129

          Cheers,
          Saionji no Hanae

          Okudaira, Hideo & Ten Grotenhuis, Elizabeth. Narrative Picture Scrolls
          (Weatherhill; [1st ed.] edition, December 1973)ISBN 978-0834827103
        • Jason Adams
          Message 4 of 10 , Feb 4, 2007
            Very cool! thanks very kindly. Wow, amazon has 31 volumes of that
            Heibosha Survey of Art series! Cool beans :)

            Unfortunately there arent any used book stores. When I lived in
            Pittsburgh tehre were lots. Ill have to check around Toledo.

            thanks again,
            -Jason

            > Some titles I have that I think you might like if you can find them.
            > The Heibonsha Survey of Art series is awesome. I keep finding random
            > volumes of it and I'm up to six of them at this point:
            >
            > Smith, Bradley. Japan: A History In Art (New York, Simon and Schuster)
            > 1964. ASIN: B000HMYV42
            >
            > Ienaga, Saburou. Paintings in the Yamato Style - Heibonsha Survey of
            > Art (Art Media Resources; [1st English ed.] edition, December 1973)
            > ISBN 978-0834810167
            >
            > Yuzo, Yamane. Momoyama Genre Paintings - Heibonsha Survey of Art (Art
            > Media Resources; [1st English ed.] edition, January 1974) ISBN
            > 978-0834810129
            >
            > Cheers,
            > Saionji no Hanae
            >
            > Okudaira, Hideo & Ten Grotenhuis, Elizabeth. Narrative Picture Scrolls
            > (Weatherhill; [1st ed.] edition, December 1973)ISBN 978-0834827103

          • jrwences
            Message 5 of 10 , Feb 10, 2007
              --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, "Jason Adams" <banditt_adams@...> wrote:

              > Point of bringing this up: before I go nuts on adding the fine detail,
              > such as *lacing* and the like; if anyone can point me out any major
              > discrepencies, I'd like to get them fixed before it will become major
              > surgery.
              >
              > And dont give me any "its supposed to have 266 stiches on that seam!"
              > :) Im anal-retentive when it comes to detail, but Im not hashing ANY
              > stitches in those seems!! lol Some things should just be left to
              > assumption, if not imagination.
              >
              > arigatou,
              > -Jason Adams

              Just one question--left handed hashi?
            • Jason Adams
              Message 6 of 10 , Feb 11, 2007
                OMG! You're right, I didnt even think! lol thanks for pointing that
                out :)
                -Jason