Re: Japanese Winter Garb?

  • Jason Adams
    Message 1 of 25 , Feb 3, 2007
      Well, if we're gonna go THERE.... lol

      You can, of coarse put peppers all over your body too. thats in the
      "Samurai Sourcebook" along with some interesting "folk" medicines and
      emergency rations. lol I love how the last line reguards NOT to put
      it in your eyes!!!! LMAO! Im waiting for Ben Stine to pop up "For
      dry, burning eyes, use clear eyes..."

      -Jason

      --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, "Otagiri Tatsuzou" <ronbroberg@...>

      Message 2 of 25 , Feb 3, 2007
        --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, "Jason Adams" <banditt_adams@...> wrote:

        > Ha, no thanks Cap! Actually, it has some very close-up photos of the
        > padding matterial. THATs why I sent the link :) Its winter-based,
        > its lined and padded, I thought it would help with construction notes.
        > eh, take what you can from it, leave the rest.

        My point is that you can't take ANYTHING from it if you can't prove it
        exists in the period you are trying to represent. To do so you have to
        find (A) surviving examples from the period or (B) written
        descriptions from the period of someone wearing one or (C) paintings
        and drawings from the period showing someone wearing them.

        Enthusiasm is admirable and I applaud yours. Now if we can just focus
        that enthusiasm in the right direction.....
        (OMG, that stupid LJ meme was right. I AM Yoda.)

        Saionji no Hanae
      • Jason Adams
        Message 3 of 25 , Feb 4, 2007
          Indeed, I agree with you wholeheartedly! I didnt mean to sound pissy
          over the post or anything, just trying to be helpful :) But seriously
          though, does the close ups of the material and padding work?

          Now, if you can wear long green ears and fight while on your knees,
          hopping around like a crazy little carnie, I will call you Jedi Master :)

          -Jason

          Message 4 of 25 , Feb 4, 2007
            --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, "Jason Adams" <banditt_adams@...> wrote:
            > Now, if you can wear long green ears and fight while on your knees,
            > hopping around like a crazy little carnie, I will call you Jedi
            Master :)

            Well, our eyes are sort of the same
            pond-scum-shining-in-the-morning-sun color, but I'm much taller and
            prettier (even on a bad day). And I'm pretty good with The Smackity
            Fan. ;->

          • Jason Adams
            Message 5 of 25 , Feb 5, 2007
              LOL well, that's ok. Maybe not a Yoda, but I have great respect for
              anyone with a good grip on the smackity fan! We need to hold a
              "Takeshi's castle" (MXC) sometime! lol

              -Jason