Re: [SCA-JML] Inspiration has struck; quick, someone get a first aid kit!

  • sekinakagawa@aol.com
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 3, 2007
      Ohiogosaimas,
      Very Inspirational, can't wait till the end product, I can only think of
      Yama Kaminari when I see drawings like this one. They nare living the Japanese
      SCA dream.

      Humbly,
      Nakagawa Sukeie

      To ask a question may be a moments shame,
      but not to ask and remain ignorant is a life long shame.

    • Jason Adams
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 3, 2007
        Thank you :)

        -Jason

        --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, Diane Taylor <qara0@...> wrote:

        > Very Nice!!!
        >
        > Kumagaya Tenshi

      • Jason Adams
        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 3, 2007
          Thanks for the kind words :) Im digging that scroll and its derrivatives!

          Ive also noted some books on Amazon; Ill get them from the Library to
          check out before I buy, that have artworks from Muromachi and Momoyama
          periods too. If they're any good, Ill post them for you.

          Thanks!
          -Jason

          Message 4 of 10 , Feb 3, 2007
            --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, "Jason Adams" <banditt_adams@...> wrote:

            > Thanks for the kind words :) Im digging that scroll and its
            derrivatives!

            > Ive also noted some books on Amazon; Ill get them from the Library to
            > check out before I buy, that have artworks from Muromachi and Momoyama
            > periods too. If they're any good, Ill post them for you.

            If you have any good local used bookstores, you may strike gold there.
            I've been slowly building my library from things I find in the
            wonderful used bookstores near UC Berkeley, particularly Moe's.

            Some titles I have that I think you might like if you can find them.
            The Heibonsha Survey of Art series is awesome. I keep finding random
            volumes of it and I'm up to six of them at this point:

            Smith, Bradley. Japan: A History In Art (New York, Simon and Schuster)
            1964. ASIN: B000HMYV42

            Ienaga, Saburou. Paintings in the Yamato Style - Heibonsha Survey of
            Art (Art Media Resources; [1st English ed.] edition, December 1973)
            ISBN 978-0834810167

            Yuzo, Yamane. Momoyama Genre Paintings - Heibonsha Survey of Art (Art
            Media Resources; [1st English ed.] edition, January 1974) ISBN
            978-0834810129

            Cheers,
            Saionji no Hanae

            Okudaira, Hideo & Ten Grotenhuis, Elizabeth. Narrative Picture Scrolls
            (Weatherhill; [1st ed.] edition, December 1973)ISBN 978-0834827103
          • Jason Adams
            Message 5 of 10 , Feb 4, 2007
              Very cool! thanks very kindly. Wow, amazon has 31 volumes of that
              Heibosha Survey of Art series! Cool beans :)

              Unfortunately there arent any used book stores. When I lived in
              Pittsburgh tehre were lots. Ill have to check around Toledo.

              thanks again,
              -Jason

              > Some titles I have that I think you might like if you can find them.
              > The Heibonsha Survey of Art series is awesome. I keep finding random
              > volumes of it and I'm up to six of them at this point:
              >
              > Smith, Bradley. Japan: A History In Art (New York, Simon and Schuster)
              > 1964. ASIN: B000HMYV42
              >
              > Ienaga, Saburou. Paintings in the Yamato Style - Heibonsha Survey of
              > Art (Art Media Resources; [1st English ed.] edition, December 1973)
              > ISBN 978-0834810167
              >
              > Yuzo, Yamane. Momoyama Genre Paintings - Heibonsha Survey of Art (Art
              > Media Resources; [1st English ed.] edition, January 1974) ISBN
              > 978-0834810129
              >
              > Cheers,
              > Saionji no Hanae
              >
              > Okudaira, Hideo & Ten Grotenhuis, Elizabeth. Narrative Picture Scrolls
              > (Weatherhill; [1st ed.] edition, December 1973)ISBN 978-0834827103

            • jrwences
              Message 6 of 10 , Feb 10, 2007
                --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, "Jason Adams" <banditt_adams@...> wrote:

                > Point of bringing this up: before I go nuts on adding the fine detail,
                > such as *lacing* and the like; if anyone can point me out any major
                > discrepencies, I'd like to get them fixed before it will become major
                > surgery.
                >
                > And dont give me any "its supposed to have 266 stiches on that seam!"
                > :) Im anal-retentive when it comes to detail, but Im not hashing ANY
                > stitches in those seems!! lol Some things should just be left to
                > assumption, if not imagination.
                >
                > arigatou,
                > -Jason Adams

                Just one question--left handed hashi?
              • Jason Adams
                Message 7 of 10 , Feb 11, 2007
                  OMG! You're right, I didnt even think! lol thanks for pointing that
                  out :)
                  -Jason