Research Questions

  • Bjorn Swiftaxe
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 3, 2007
      Greetings unto the list.

      I was recently asked by a young friend of mine if I might be able to
      help him out with some research he needs for a school project. I told
      him that the most I can do is pass along the questions to those who
      would know better then I.

      I figured that someone on this list would probably be able to answer
      some of these questions. I'd like to get some good solid information
      to get him by this time next week. It is a school project after all.

      In service,
      Snaebjorn Hakonarson

      > Topic: European and Japanese Armour
      > Research Question: What type of weapons were each style good
      > against, how
      > each would fare against the opposite culture's weapons, and which
      > is mainly
      > the better armour during the Reinaissance/Elizibethian period.
      >
      > Topics/questions
      >
      > What is the history of European armour
      > " " Japanese armour
      > What type of weapons did each armour specialize against?
      > What were the weaknesses?
      > How did European armour evolve all the way up to the Elizibethian
      > Period?
      > How did the Japanese armour " "
      > " "?
      > How would each fair to weapons of the opposite culture?
      > Which one is overall better favored?
      >
      > There ya goes. Add anything else if you wish =3

      Lord Snaebjorn Hakonarson
      Herald at Large
      Proud citizen of the Barony of Thescorre

      http://mail.yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 3, 2007
        --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, Bjorn Swiftaxe <snaebjornr@...> wrote:

        > Greetings unto the list.
        >
        > I was recently asked by a young friend of mine if I might be able to
        > help him out with some research he needs for a school project.

        Why is your young friend not in the library looking at books on arms
        and armor?

        Puzzled,
      • Otagiri Tatsuzou
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 3, 2007
          > > Topic: European and Japanese Armour
          > > Research Question: What type of weapons were each style good
          > > against, how
          > > each would fare against the opposite culture's weapons, and which
          > > is mainly
          > > the better armour during the Reinaissance/Elizibethian period.

          This might be an interesting read for your friend.
          http://www.thearma.org/essays/knightvs.htm

          Otagiri