In need of an artist. slightly OT

  • Diane Taylor
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 2, 2007
      Just someone to draw me a sketch.

      This is Quasi off topic, but it deals with Japanes Armor.

      What I'm in need of is someone to can draw a suit of Japanese armor,
      but.. here's the kicker.. literally... I need the armor modified to
      fit a Centaur.

      I know I know, half of you are going, "What? Why?" It's for a book
      i'm writing and my cover artist needs to see the idea I'm talking
      about.

      Can someone help me out? Contact me off list.

      Thanks in advance. Artist will get a big thank you from me and a
      special mention in the dedication section.

      YIS,
      Qara Unegen
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 2, 2007

        Greetings from Solveig! But, Centaurs live near Greece and Rome. How
        about some nice Trojan or Carthagenian armor?
        Not that I am an artist.

      • Tracie Ellis
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 2, 2007
          Um, fantasy? but what do I know...

          *shrug*

          Miriel (lurker)

          --
          Email me for designs on pre 1600 AD recreation jewelry. Great for gifts,
          and work well as modern jewelry too!

          "If a rubber ball bounces in a rubber room, have we then created a perpetual
          motion machine?" - T Ellis, 2006

          "There but for the grace of a demented deity, go I" - Tales of the Folly,
          by A. Fesler

        • Diane Taylor
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 2, 2007
            But.. But... Solveig... *pout pout stamping foot* It's a futuristic, Post apocalyptic story. *grinning j/k* Anything's possible in the future, including Centaurs in Japanese armor doing the Samurai thing.

            Greetings from Solveig! But, Centaurs live near Greece and Rome. How
            about some nice Trojan or Carthagenian armor?
            Not that I am an artist.

            Keep in touch,
            Diane Taylor
            http://dianet8.tripod.com

            Join me at the Jade Kitsune:

            Majestic Lion: Available now at Triskelion Publishing
            Ares in Chains: Now Available!

            Writers don't get mad, They write Books!

          • Erin Kelly
            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 3, 2007
              Maybe the centaur's in the SCA!
            • Jim Barrows
              Message 6 of 7 , Jan 3, 2007
                It would have to be blonde and blue eyed and wear sneakers as well.
                Just so it woulldn't create too much of an anachronism...... :)

                --
                James A Barrows
              • chasrmartin
                Message 7 of 7 , Jan 3, 2007
                  wrote:

                  > Noble Cousins!
                  >
                  > Greetings from Solveig! But, Centaurs live near Greece and Rome. How
                  > about some nice Trojan or Carthagenian armor?

                  Because, after all, a centaur wearing Japanese armor wouldn't be
                  realistic.

                  Solveig, honey, I think if we're willing to go so far as believing in
                  centaurs, we can let them wear any damn armor they want.

                  - Mugyo