Re: [SCA-JML] Courtesy, was Re: Gulf Wars 2006

  • Ii Saburou Katsumori (Joshua B.)
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 8, 2006
      On 12/8/06, wodeford <wodeford@...> wrote:
      > --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, Kathy Dickson <akabara17@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > Sometimes there are those people who prefer a certain amount of
      > anonymity for a while.
      >
      > Perhaps. However, there are over 800 people on this board. It seems to
      > this person only coureous to identify oneself in some way, so that one
      > may engage in civilized discourse.
      >
      > But that's just me and I'm profoundly old fashioned.

      Ms. Dickson may have reasons for not signing her posts, but I have to
      agree with Saionji-hime that it is somewhat discourteous not to give a
      basic identifier by which to be known--as it is, I could call her
      Kathy, Dickson, Akabara, or 'the person who asked about X', as I those
      are all titles associated with her.

      Ms. Dickson, welcome to JML and I hope we have not put you off on the
      wrong foot. I am called Ii Katsumori and would be obliged if you
      would introduce yourself to us so that we may better get to know you.

      -Ii
    • Maddalena Alessandra
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 11, 2006
        To the best of my knowledge there are no sizable
        Japanese encampments at Gulf Wars.
        Most recently I've been coamping with a largely
        Scottish group, to anyone familar with GW-those corner
        party animals of the Seven Deadly Sins on Sat. night.

        If people from this list are planning to attend Gulf
        Wars, I would be interested in meeting them. I have
        been attending since IV with only one missed and hope
        to attend this year especially considering I'm a minor
        kingdom officer. Please contact me if interested in
        meeting I'm trying to learn more Japanese than just
        carrying swords occassionally, doing kumihimo, and
        basic coustuming. My current interest is armour.

        Madd Alex
        AKA Baronessa Maddalena Alessandra Godwin
        Blue Sapphyre of Gleann Abhann

        > Is there anyone going to Gulf Wars in
        > March? I was wanting to join a clan (and possibly
        stay within the household I reside). I know I need
        > to be known and participate and be known before
        > joining a guild and I thought this would be a prime
        time to do this. If you are in a clan, guild,
        household, etc. that is Japanese oriented,
        > please tell me.
        >
        > Sayonara!

        Have a burning question?