Gulf Wars 2006

  • Tamber
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 4, 2006
      Is there anyone going to Gulf Wars in March? I was wanting to join a
      clan (and possibly stay within the household I reside). I know I need
      to be known and participate and be known before joining a guild and I
      thought this would be a prime time to do this. If you are in a clan,
      guild, household, etc. that is Japanese oriented, please tell me.
      Also , please live a website, if applicable!

      Sayonara!
    • Kathy Dickson

        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 7, 2006
          --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, Kathy Dickson <akabara17@...> wrote:

          > Whether you're in a household or not in a household (I couldn't
          tell, from your mail), generally, the household will approach you if
          it wants to include you in its membership.You really don't need to be
          'known' before joining a guild, and you certainly don't need a
          household to be 'known', either, although I have heard they're good
          for camping.T

          But how does one get known if one does not sign one's name to one's
          correspondence?

        • Kathy Dickson
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 7, 2006
            Sometimes there are those people who prefer a certain amount of anonymity for a while. :DBut you may call me Helena.To: sca-jml@yahoogroups.comFrom: wodeford@...: Fri, 8 Dec 2006 05:50:38 +0000Subject: [SCA-JML] Re: Gulf Wars 2006

            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 8, 2006
              --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, Kathy Dickson <akabara17@...> wrote:

              > Sometimes there are those people who prefer a certain amount of
              anonymity for a while.

              Perhaps. However, there are over 800 people on this board. It seems to
              this person only coureous to identify oneself in some way, so that one
              may engage in civilized discourse.

              But that's just me and I'm profoundly old fashioned.

            • Ii Saburou Katsumori (Joshua B.)
              Message 6 of 7 , Dec 8, 2006
                On 12/8/06, wodeford <wodeford@...> wrote:
                > --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, Kathy Dickson <akabara17@...> wrote:
                > >
                > > Sometimes there are those people who prefer a certain amount of
                > anonymity for a while.
                >
                > Perhaps. However, there are over 800 people on this board. It seems to
                > this person only coureous to identify oneself in some way, so that one
                > may engage in civilized discourse.
                >
                > But that's just me and I'm profoundly old fashioned.

                Ms. Dickson may have reasons for not signing her posts, but I have to
                agree with Saionji-hime that it is somewhat discourteous not to give a
                basic identifier by which to be known--as it is, I could call her
                Kathy, Dickson, Akabara, or 'the person who asked about X', as I those
                are all titles associated with her.

                Ms. Dickson, welcome to JML and I hope we have not put you off on the
                wrong foot. I am called Ii Katsumori and would be obliged if you
                would introduce yourself to us so that we may better get to know you.

                -Ii
              • Maddalena Alessandra
                Message 7 of 7 , Dec 11, 2006
                  To the best of my knowledge there are no sizable
                  Japanese encampments at Gulf Wars.
                  Most recently I've been coamping with a largely
                  Scottish group, to anyone familar with GW-those corner
                  party animals of the Seven Deadly Sins on Sat. night.

                  If people from this list are planning to attend Gulf
                  Wars, I would be interested in meeting them. I have
                  been attending since IV with only one missed and hope
                  to attend this year especially considering I'm a minor
                  kingdom officer. Please contact me if interested in
                  meeting I'm trying to learn more Japanese than just
                  carrying swords occassionally, doing kumihimo, and
                  basic coustuming. My current interest is armour.

                  Madd Alex
                  AKA Baronessa Maddalena Alessandra Godwin
                  Blue Sapphyre of Gleann Abhann

                  > Is there anyone going to Gulf Wars in
                  > March? I was wanting to join a clan (and possibly
                  stay within the household I reside). I know I need
                  > to be known and participate and be known before
                  > joining a guild and I thought this would be a prime
                  time to do this. If you are in a clan, guild,
                  household, etc. that is Japanese oriented,
                  > please tell me.
                  >
                  > Sayonara!

                  Have a burning question?