Re: Daisho and Samurai = Knight

  • John Solomon
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 26, 2006
      I personally have been wearing my swords in the SCA for many years and never has anyone made a comment to me about them or my rank (I have only an AoA). Although at most event in doors I don't bother to take my daito as I would just take it off anyway. At war I always wear both unless I am going some were that they are not aloud (Lady Solveig Tea Ceremony etc.) or I am dressed as a commoner (usually do to the weather, too hot for 2 kosode and Kataginu), then I were only my tanto or shoto.

      It should be noted that a "Daisho" could be a matching katana and tanto or aikuchi as well as a wakizashi. Also that before the advent of the "Daisho" samurai would were a second smaller sword or knife (tanto, aikuchi or uchi-gatana).

      Obata Torashi