Folder uploaded

  • Richard Johnson
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 7, 2006
      In the FILES section I uploaded the folder (Samurai- uoa)
      from the exhibit of the 47 Ronin att he UofA. They still wouldn't let
      me take pics nor were they selling any copies of the art but this
      gives you an idea of what is there.
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 7, 2006
        --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, "Richard Johnson" <rikjohnson@...> wrote:

        > In the FILES section I uploaded the folder (Samurai- uoa)
        > from the exhibit of the 47 Ronin att he UofA. They still wouldn't let
        > me take pics nor were they selling any copies of the art but this
        > gives you an idea of what is there.

        Reminds me, I haven't captioned any of these yet, but here are some
        photos I shot at the LA County Museum over the Thanksgiving weekend.
        http://new.photos.yahoo.com/wodeford/album/576460762353791767
        Their Japanese Collection is well worth a visit.
        http://www.lacma.org/japaneseart/japan.htm

        I also scored the last copy the museum shop had of their exhibition
        catalogue on Noh/Kyogen costumes and masks. A significant number of
        the garments therein are from our period. Not cheap at $45, but well
        worth it.
        http://www.amazon.com/Miracles-mischief-Kyo%C3%8C%C2%84gen-theater-Japan/dp/0875871887/sr=8-1/qid=1165521365/ref=sr_1_1/105-2862192-8177213?ie=UTF8&s=books

        We also visited the Huntington Library in Pasadena and I have some
        photos of their Japanese garden, including a wonderful "Tagasode"
        ("Whose sleeves?") shot I got at the Japanese house inside the garden.
        http://new.photos.yahoo.com/wodeford/album/576460762353763516