Japanese exhibition at University of Arizona

  • Rick Johnson
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 5, 2006
      I finally made it to the UoA Art Muesum to hear a sword-maker speak on
      Japanese swords (He taught knife & sword making at Pima College) and a
      collector speak.
      BUT
      A very attractivce woman asked to go with me and so I stupidly waited
      for her.
      The thing started at 1pm, she arrived at 1:30 and then ignoredall ly
      suggestions fro finding aparking place and drove around like it wasn't
      important.

      So I missed most of the making-talk and caught the collector both of
      whom had to stop often and answer questions about terms. I guess both
      speakers thought they were talking t oexperts because they used
      Japanese terms without explaining or defining the words which lost the
      majority of the audience.

      So after that, I sent the woman to work (I was still angry with her)
      and walked around t oexamine the wood-block prints.
      They were very well done and covered four walls and though I wasn't
      allowed to take photos, I did get the ad for the exhibit which I will
      scan in later this week and upload to the Files section.

      Rick Johnson, PO Box 40451, Tucson, Az. 85717
      http://www.geocities.com/DesertHenge
      http://www.geocities.com/RikJohnson_ERB
      http://www.geocities.com/RikJohnson_RLJ