New Pics added to Files-Photos-Rick Johnson

  • Richard Johnson
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 27, 2006
      I am posting some test-pics of my new outfits. I kinda got bored on
      Turkey-Day and dug out the sewing machine which I had to take apart
      and fix before I could even start. Once I got the pattern down,
      they went fast and easy and show what you can do with a couple hours
      and little skill. Avoids the `japanese' pajamas I originally wore to
      my first event.

      Then a friend came over Friday night and took these pics, then she
      wanted to try some on herself because I looked so hot and one thing
      led to another and we never finished the photo series. At least not
      any that I am willing to post.

      So this weekend I am going to try to finish them up with the waraji I
      wove from rope and jutte and carrying my Naginata and Yari and
      wearing my Jingasa so you get the full effect.

      Plus my Irish and Russian if I finish them.

      I did find a lot of ways to improve waraji weaving and found I could
      make one in 55 minutes which includes distractions and flirting with
      the women and explaining to the pagans that yes, I will be glad to
      teach a class on weaving sandals. Once you get the frame right and
      the technique down, they go very fast.

      Be aware that I am not perfect and found some of the mistakes myself
      after they were done (I am certain you can find more), but I do the
      best I can to follow the 10-foot rule (ok, 20-foot rule<g>) and
      unless you are an expert, I think I can pass.

      Btw, the Red outfit has my Cold Steel Daisho, the rest I am carrying
      Paul Chen Practical Plus.swords. I may switch them around to my Last
      Legend, Chiness and folded-steel antique if I remember but will NOT
      wear my Highlander blades out of respect for the Uniform. Carried
      $1500 in Steel to one event just to show off to those who buy
      SLO `katanas' from the swap meet.
    • James Eckman
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 28, 2006
        > 1. New Pics added to Files-Photos-Rick Johnson
        > I did find a lot of ways to improve waraji weaving and found I could
        make one in 55 minutes which includes distractions and flirting with the
        women and explaining to the pagans that yes, I will be glad to teach a
        class on weaving sandals. Once you get the frame right and the technique
        down, they go very fast.

        Sounds very cool! More photos?

        Jim Eckman