Re: [SCA-JML] Re: Should I get a pair of Geta?

    Message 1 of 31 , Nov 22, 2006

      > Alright, I see. But no one is going to know the difference if I
      > wear them indoors[1] and
      > at this point, I care less about small details and more about "what
      > would be a
      > historically actuate option to wearing loafers or tevas?" I ordered
      > my geta already so
      > there's not much I can do now, lol. Granted, I'll probably end up
      > wearing loafers in the
      > winter anyway, because it's freezing.

      Geta are wonderful things, but they really are foul weather wear and
      for use in similar mucky places.
      Personally, I don't find them all that comfortable. In doors, you
      really should be wearing some sort
      of zori or other slipper. They will be safer, more comfortable, and
      less dangerous to others.

      > [1] As far as I know, the only Japanese persona Carolingians I've
      > seen are the
      > Kobayashi clan, one other fellow who I didn't catch the name of and
      > myself.

      There is Ohashi Katsutoshi.

      > I also saw
      > another woman at May Day but I couldn't tell if she was going for
      > China or Japan. The
      > hakama said Nihon, but the robe looked Chinese.... If I can get
      > their forgiveness for
      > clomping around in geta on the carpet.... (;

      GACK! Carpet is the round-eyed equivalent of tatami. You should be
      wearing tabi.

      Message 31 of 31 , Nov 22, 2006

        > Alright, I see. But no one is going to know the difference if I
        > wear them indoors[1] and
        > at this point, I care less about small details and more about "what
        > would be a
        > historically actuate option to wearing loafers or tevas?" I ordered
        > my geta already so
        > there's not much I can do now, lol. Granted, I'll probably end up
        > wearing loafers in the
        > winter anyway, because it's freezing.

        Geta are wonderful things, but they really are foul weather wear and
        for use in similar mucky places.
        Personally, I don't find them all that comfortable. In doors, you
        really should be wearing some sort
        of zori or other slipper. They will be safer, more comfortable, and
        less dangerous to others.

        > [1] As far as I know, the only Japanese persona Carolingians I've
        > seen are the
        > Kobayashi clan, one other fellow who I didn't catch the name of and
        > myself.

        There is Ohashi Katsutoshi.